Chapter 42

📍 Avengers Compound, New York | October 2023

After a few days, the Avengers, now have all their targets displayed in holograms, The Soul and Power Stones in space in 2014. the Reality Stone in Asgard, 2013; and the Space, Mind, and Time Stones in New York City, 2012.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot," Steve and the other Avengers walked up and looked at the screens determinedly.

They all walked in a file to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back," Steve talked to all of them.

"You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win."

Tony gave Steve a look before he ended, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket referred to Steve's speech.

"Right?" Scott looked at him very excitedly.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green," Tony spoke to them.

"Tractors engaged," Bruce said.

Rocket addressed the shrunk Benatar in Clint's hand, "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay," Clint flatly replied. "I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame," Rocket commented.

Natasha smiled excitedly, "See you in a minute."

Thor felt his hands a little clammy as they all shrunk and entered the Quantum Realm, and they all split at different intervals, going to different places at different times in history.

"Omph," Diaval felt a little discombobulated, appearing next to Rocket and Thor.

They looked around them, and they were inside the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf in Asgard in 2013.

"We're in prison," Thor told them, trying to sneak past the prisoned Loki.

"Ok, go," Thor whispered as he, Diaval, and creep by, past the cell.

They all stopped at a pillar a few meters away room where Jane Foster was.

"That's Jane," Thor told them.

"All right. Here's the deal, Tubby. You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing," Rocket held up a device. "And extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split."

"I have a wife," Thor insisted.

"Eh," Diaval shrugged. "It's not cheating, and Mistress will forgive you."

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there," Thor tried, making up excuses to get out of the plan. "My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups..."

"Hey! Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket asked before a door opene, and the three of them hid, seeing ladies along with Frigga walking.

Thor felt his emotions overwhelm him at the sight of his mother alive.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket whispered.

"It's my Mother. She dies today," Thor replied.

"Oh. That's today?" Diaval asked.