Chapter 48

📍 New Asgard | May 2024

"It is a pleasure to have you back, Mistress," Diaval served a cup of warm water to Maleficent. "It has been a long time since you last visited us."

Diaval lived among the Asgardians in Norway as Maleficent left to return to Alfheim while Thor traveled with the Guardians.

He cared deeply for the people and was labeled to be a part of the council of Asgard with the new King's proclamation, Valkyrie.

"How are the feys doing?" Diaval asked.

"They are doing alright," Maleficent told him.

Diaval could sense the extra stiffness in Maleficent's words.

"I have a feeling you did not come here to say your greetings," Diaval noted. "Is there something I can do for you, Mistress?"

"I... I have been restless for days now, Diaval," Maleficent told him. "I have sought help from the healers but they only told me that something dark is looming inside my body."

"What could it be?" Diaval furrowed his brows in worry.

"Have you felt the same thing?" Maleficent asked due to Diaval's inclination to nature.

"I-"

He was cut off by a bell clanging in the distance.

Diaval's senses heightened and felt the eerie feeling that dawned the night.

"I just did now," Diaval told Maleficent, making the fey extend her wings and fly through the open window.

Borra, who circled the area from the distance saw what was coming.

"What is it?" Maleficent asked him as they flew in the air.

"A man," Borra spoke deeply. "Covered in white cloth with a sword pierced through the ground."

"Dark shadows," Borra continued. "Creatures growling."

A woman's scream made their head turn, followed by a loud explosion.

"Get them out of their houses and secure them in the evacuation," Maleficent ordered him.

Borra nodded, flying lower to help.

The screeches of the unknown creatures began getting louder.

Maleficent conjured a ball of the phoenix's flames down to them, making the city of Asgard in flames.

A horse whinnying came from a distance with the Valkyrie on it.

She speared one monster down before getting off her horse to kick one out.

Valkyrie looked up to Maleficent, nodding.

Maleficent flew out of the city, finding the man Borra spoke off.

An explosion from the bi-frost hit the center of the town.

"Look, it's Thor!" The people cheered for his return. "Thor!"

"Take Sif to the infirmary," he ordered them.

"Hey!" Valkyrie called out to him on her horse. "Who'd you piss off now?"

"This is not my fault. I've never even seen these things, whatever the hell they are," Thor replied to her.

"Welcome back," She called to him before they went off to take on the creatures.

A metallic humming overhead was heard by Thor.

It came crashing down, making the people cheered.

"Who's the new guy?" Thor turned to Valkyrie in bewilderment.