Chapter 27

📍 The Ark | April 2018

Two weeks of preparation of the Asgardians for the matrimony of their king flew by fast.

And the next thing they knew that it was the day of their union.

"It is never too late to go back, Brother," Loki said as he watched Thor wear his armor.

Thor chuckled, shaking his head at him.

"We can go 'get help' to buy time," Loki told him. "I am volunteering this time."

"As much as I love doing 'get help', I would have to decline this time," Thor replied. "I've never felt like I'm in the right moment today."

Loki groaned, "You're really getting married to the witch."

"Ah, Brother," Thor patted his shoulder. "When you meet the right woman for you, you will understand."

His younger brother rolled his eyes as Thor stood in front of the mirror to attach his cape.

"So, you're very sure?" Loki asked, standing closer to Thor.

"It's like my whole life has led me here," Thor smiled. "And I thank every god there is for it."

"Mother would be proud of you," Loki spoke solemnly, making Thor stop his actions.

"You think?" Thor said.

Loki nodded at him, getting the other end of Thor's cape to place it on his shoulder, "I know."

As Thor made his way out with Loki, Korg was walking down the hallway in a rush.

Before Korg could knock on Maleficent's door, it already opened.

"Mistress," Korg greeted. "The women of Asgard have something for you."

"Hm?" Maleficent hummed.

Korg presented a thin black veil, "For your horns. They thought it might make you comfortable."

Maleficent stared at it blankly, feeling a little upset over the idea that she might be hiding from the people.

Seeing her being unresponsive, Korg retreated the object, "Maybe it's a bad idea."

"No," Maleficent spoke. "It's... It's alright."

She gave him a half smile, grasping the thin cloth.

"They are all excited," Korg told her before leaving the room as he has things to finish.

"Mmm," Maleficent chuckled forcibly to herself, speaking with nervous enthusiasm, "It's more than I can bear."

"Mistress," Diaval's voice was heard from the doorway with a soft smile. "It's time."

Maleficent quickly placed the veil on her horns as Diaval walked beside her on their way to the throne room.

As the large doors were guarded by the kingsmen, Diaval and Mistress stopped at it.

Diaval smiled at her, "It's truly an honor to be a part of this."

"Diaval," Maleficent seriously spoke to him. "Take care of Thor as you have with me."

Diaval grinned, bowing his head to curtesy, "With my greatest honor."

Maleficent tapped her staff for Diaval to rise and go inside before her.

"Mistress," one of the kingsmen asked for her signal, which she gave with a nod.

The guards by the door and inside it performed their chant used to welcome royalty before opening the door.