Chapter 54

📍 Gates of Eternity | May 2024

Maleficent is fixing the rubble of the Gates of Eternity with Gorr and the children behind them.

Children stood in fear as Gorr and Maleficent walked forward to the giant statue of Eternity.

"Eternity," Gorr whispered. "Finally."

Gorr placed Stormbreaker on the ground for Bi-Frost to hit the wall, "Come on."

The gates rumbled, and a large piece broke off and fell on the children.

But the object never hit them, "Hey, kids."

Thor was lifting and preventing it to hit them.

"I knew he'd come," Axl uttered.

"Go! Go, kids!" Thor grunted as the children made their way to a safe area.

"Everyone okay? All right, gather around. Gather round," he told them and approached Axl. "Good to see you in person, buddy. Good to see you."

Maleficent caught sight of it and drove the sword down the ground to release the shadow creatures.

"All right, listen up. Here's the plan. We're gonna sneak our way toward Stormbreaker, being very careful not to bump into any of those big shadow monsters," Thor said.

"But what about Maleficent?" Axl asked.

"She's being used by the bad guy," Thor explained. "We need to save her too."

The children whimpered to see what was behind Thor.

"They're behind me, aren't they?" Thor asked, seeing it approach them. "Does anyone here have battle experience?"

"Battle experience?" A boy asked.

"Well, no time to learn like the present," Thor told them.

"We're not strong like you. We're just kids," a young girl spoke up.

"Hey, don't forget you're Asgardian kids," Thor encouraged them.

"I'm not. I'm just a Lycan kid."

"And I'm a Midassian kid."

"I'm Falligarian."

"Okay, okay," Thor spoke over them. "But today, you're Asgardians. Now collect your weapons."

"What?" They asked confused.

"Go and find anything you can pick up. Bring it back here," Thor instructed them. "Hurry, hurry!"

Children picked up any object they saw around them and went back to Thor.

"Okay, cool. Come on!" Thor called. "They're getting closer. Hurry up!"

"Today is a day that will go down in history. Today is the day they will talk about for generations to come. Today, we are Space Vikings!" Thor spoke to them like a general, preparing them for battle. "Present arms!"

The children lifted up their chosen weapons.

Thor closed his eyes, speaking to Thunderbolt, "Whosoever holds these weapons and believes in getting home if they are true of the heart is therefore worthy, and shall possess, for a limited time only, the power of Thor!"

Lightning traveled through him and his fingers, blessing the children with his power and making their eyes gleam yellow.

"General Axl," Thor spoke to the child with his eyes glowing blue. "Lead your army to that axe."

"We shall do our worst," Axl replied. "For Asgard."

They all faced forward, yelling as they made their way to fight the monsters.