Chapter 37

📍 The Garden | June 2018

Everyone suited up aside from Tony and boarded the Benatar as it took off to space.

"If you don't mind me asking," Rhodey spoke beside Diaval. "Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Diaval. I'm a friend and loyal servant of Maleficent, my mistress," Diaval said, glancing at Thor. "His wife."

"Her wings are real?" Rhodey queried quietly.

"Yes," Diaval nodded. "She's a dark fey. Hard to explain, but she has magic and all."

"He's a raven," Bruce spoke aloud from his seat.

"A what?" Rhodey looked at Diaval weirdly.

"Raven, the bird," Diaval chuckled a little. "Mistress saved me from hunters long ago as she passed through Earth by turning me into a human."

"Without her...," Rhodey noticed the shift of Diaval's mood, "I may get stuck to this form."

Thor tried to not hear the sadness in Diaval's voice.

It only reminded him of how many things will go wrong without Maleficent.

Diaval's only family.

And Thor's sanity.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked from the captain's seat.

Natasha, Rhodey, and Steve rose their hands.

"Why?" Rhodey asked in return.

"You better not throw up on my ship," Rocket warned them before Nebula announced their arrival, "Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!"

The ship jumped forward into a wormhole and everyone who wasn't used to the force held onto their seats for dear life.

Eventually, the ship slowed down and hovered in orbit of the planet seen in the hologram previously.

Carol hovered in front of the Benatar, "I'll head down for recon."

Diaval looked up at Thor, sitting tensely beside him.

"Her last words were to guide her home," Thor answered Diaval's silent question about how he was feeling. "And you know I'll move every star in front of her window for her to see them all at once."

Diaval nodded, knowing and seeing how Thor really did love Maleficent, "I know."

Carol approached the Benatar, "No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him."

"And that's enough," Nebula replied as everyone disembarked the ship according to plan.

Thor only felt his anger fuel inside him as he saw the scenic lush tropical fauna.

It surrounded a shed on a farm and a scarecrow made of Thanos' armor.

Unknown to Thanos, Thor narrowed his eyes at him, seeing the burnt Infinity Gauntlet on Thanos' arm.

He was walking among his crops, harvesting fruit, and putting them in a sack before walking over to the shed, with a dragging quality to his legs, as it pained him to walk.

"How could he act like nothing happened," Diaval said in disdain.

They started moving to their plan.

Carol flew through the roof, knocking Thanos down and grabbing his neck, while Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor burst from the ground and grabbed Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm.

Thor flew in, and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet as Rhodey flies down with Rocket and Diaval to aim guns at Thanos' head.

Thor was raging with anger. He looked down at Thanos his whole left side was burnt black with blisters.