Chapter 8

Being back on this train brings back horrible memories. Just this time last year Peeta was alive. A shiver goes down my spine just at the thought.

I know that in two weeks I'll end up just like him.

Cato will be the one going home. I know that he plans on getting me home but I won't let him.

It's sick that they're sending us back there. We were suppose to be safe. That was the deal. Instead they're sending us back in and I know it was because of Cato and I's stunt last year.

Currently Cato is asleep in our room. He deserves it. It's been a long day.

I hear the faint clicking of heals and I know it has to be Effie. I haven't seen her since the Victory Tour.

I feel the cushion sink down next to me and I look over to find no other then Effie Trinket herself.

She looks like she's been crying. Why? I'm not sure. I thought she'd be happy with the games and all.

"I'm so sorry," she breaths out and moves my hair out of my face, "I'm so sorry."

"Why?" I ask, my voice cracking in the process.

"This shouldn't be happening to you," she sniffles and looks around the room. She looks worried but continues to talk.

"It'll be over soon." With that she stands up an leaves the room. I don't know what she means by 'it' but her telling me that gives me just a little reassurance that things might be okay.

A/N: It'll be getting real in the next chapter or the one after that.