Chapter 2

I've still never gotten over the fact of being able to eat a full meal everyday. Spending your whole life where you're considered lucky to have even a morsel of food then all of a sudden having a ton is crazy.

These are the thoughts that run through my head as I eat breakfast at Cato and I's kitchen counter. The taste of the fluffy eggs and savory bacon filling up my mouth as I shovel the food down my throat.

"Slow down Katniss," Cato chuckles beside me as he stares fondly at me. I hold back a comment about how some of us didn't get a full meal everyday. Instead I shoot him a sheepish, eggs and bacon filled smile.

Once we're done eating, I take our empty plates and rinse them off in the sink before putting them in a lovely contraption known as a dishwasher.

I've taken up to cleaning around our house but I think it's really to keep my mind off of the games that are coming up in the next two months.

I can't bear the thought of somebody else going through what I've been through.

Even worse is that this year I'm going to be a mentor.

And the year after that, and after that.

They'll probably make Cato be a mentor too even though it's a known fact that the choice for mentors in District 2 isn't small. I don't want to have to go against Cato to bring our kids home.

"Katniss? Are you okay?" Cato asks after I had spent so much time staring off into space.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I smile at him even though I know he knows there's something wrong.

"Okay," He nods before kissing me on the cheek and heading upstairs most likely to get changed.

But I just can't seem to shake the thought off what will be happening in two months.

A/N: Hey! I need to know how you want this story to go. Do you want it to be the Quarter Quell or do you want me to go straight to the revolution? Keep in mind there won't be a third book. If you want it to be the Quarter Quell do you still want Katniss to go in or something else? Please tell me so I can plan how I want this plot to go.

Thanks!