Chapter 19

The flight to all of the teams camp area didn't take to long. Maybe 3 hours tops. The whole time I kept my small hand entwined in Cato's large one.

Once we landed, our team found its designated camping area where we all set up our tents. Our team isn't actually going out into combat until tomorrow.

Me and Cato set up our shared 3 person tent which we proceeded to then shove all our things into one side of it while we'd both be sleeping on the other side.

We climbed into the tent and surveyed the digs.

All of a sudden, Cato asks, "Do you miss Peeta?"

The question sends a pang to my heart. Just the thought of the beautiful baker who loved me makes my heart ache.

"All the time. But I have you, so it makes it better," I give him a half smile.

I entwine my hand in Cato's, something we've both learned is a way for us to say 'it'll be okay.'

"I love you so much Katniss," Cato whispers kissing the back of my hand.

"I love you too," I reply, laying my head on his broad, muscular chest.

He tangles his long fingers into my dark brown hair, running them from top to bottom.

We sit their in silence for awhile before it's broken by Johanna calling for us.

"Come on out love birds!" She has this commanding tone of voice that makes everyone turn their head and listen.

We unzip the tent and climb out and are met with everyone sitting in a circle. I survey the group of people and am now able to put a name to some of the people I wasn't able to earlier.

"Why do you think Pollux swallows like that?" I lean over and quietly ask Cato. It would've been rude to ask Pollux.

"He's an avox," Cato tells me. I shiver at the thought of that type of torture. It's absolutely sick.

I see Pollux start signing to his brother Caster who is sitting right next to him and I can't help but wonder what they're saying.

"Well, we're all on an assassination team together so we might as well get to know each other," Finnick claps his hand, "so, who's going first?"
                  ____________
"I like them," Cato concludes as we climb back into our tent. We all spent the rest of the day laughing and getting to know each other, finishing off the night gathered around a small campfire.

"Me too," I agree with him. I rummage through my bag and look for some clothes more suitable to sleep in.

"Don't look," I warned Cato before turning around and beginning to change clothes.

I feel eyes on me before I here Cato whisper, "Beautiful."

I roll my eyes but chuckle none the less. Hearing Cato rummage through his bag, I assume he's getting ready to change too.

I slowly turn around, he probably thinks I'm still changing. He pulls his shirt over his head and I can't help but ogle the way the muscles in his back flex.

"Stop staring at me," Cato scolds without even turning around. I blush and bow my head before turning around, allowing Cato to change in peace.

When he's done he lays down and opens his arms wide for me, waiting for me to crawl into them. I hold onto him as if my life depended on it and drift into a heavy slumber, resting for the day ahead.