Chapter 15

Cato and I end up sitting on my bunk with Prim and Buttercup. She had managed to save him from the bombing in our District. We had told Prim how we were planning to infiltrate the Capitol to kill Snow. At first I was worried on how excited she was for the death of a person before thinking, 'it's Snow.'

A thought that had been floating through my mind was, if this didn't work, would the Hunger Games still continue? Would they go on with eleven Districts and just use us as an example like they do here? What if they thought of something even worse?

Knowing Prim is safe helps me to forget about this though. We will kill Snow, and never let a man like him rule over us ever again.

"What are you thinking about beautiful," I smile giddily knowing Cato is here and he's mine.

"Just about what the future holds," I shrug not feeling like going into detail about all that's been running through my mind.

He kisses the side of my head and pulls me even closer, if that's even possible.

"Katniss, after we win do we get to go home?" Prim questions, snuggling into Buttercup.

I smile at my sister. It hurts that she's been through so much at a young age. She's been forced to grow up to fast.

"Yeah Prim, we'll be home soon." I pull her closer to me and Cato. Even through all that we've been through, this is my family and they will always be by my side.

Even with these two (and my mom I guess) there is the unofficial members of my family like Effie, Haymitch, Finnick, Annie, and Johanna. Though I haven't known the latter three for that long, they understand what it's like in the games. For that I'm able to confine in them. At the moment, that's all I need.