Chapter 11

My breaths become short and shallow. It's as though my lungs are slowly filling with water.

"Breath baby, breath," Cato starts to whisper into my ear, "everything will be alright."

"Sweetheart," Haymitch starts and it almost sounds as though he means it as something other than a joke, "There is a good chance there a survivors Katniss, don't jump to conclusions so quickly. I mean look at 13, it was bombed but is still going."

I consider what Haymitch is telling me, he's not wrong.

Haymitch then gets a call from his watch thing and what he tells me gives me the tiniest bit of hope, "Hovercrafts are being sent out to see if there are any survivors. As that is going on, if you too are up for it there is someone I want you to meet to discuss something."

Cato and I share a look with each other, communicating with our eyes, when we're finished Cato looks over at Haymitch, "yeah, we can go."

"Great," Haymitch claps his hands together and makes a rubbing motion, "Let's go."

I help Cato stand up even though he's repeatedly telling me he can do it himself. When he's standing up all the way I grab his hand and entwine our fingers. He looks down at me and gives me a short kiss on the lips followed by gagging sounds from Haymitch.

Once out of the hospital room we were in, Haymitch leads us towards an elevator where I man with broad shoulders and a steely look stands.

"Katniss, Cato, this is Boggs. He'll be escorting you the rest of the way."

The man looks at me then at Cato and nods his head in acknowledgement. He press the button next to the elevator causing the large double doors to slide open. He gestures for me and Cato to step inside and we do.

The whole elevator ride down, Boggs stood staring ahead with his hands crossed in front of him. Me and Cato shared a look as if silently saying 'Why is he so serious.'

Once we reach our destination, the doors slide open. I need to take a moment to adjust to being down so low, it's almost like being in the mines. Down here I see a man in glasses hunched over a table staring at what looks like blueprints.

"Ah Miss. Everdeen or should I say Mockingjay," I hear a man say and turn around to see a pudgy man with light blond hair.

Plutarch Heavensbee. I remember meeting him during our Victory Tour.

I look over at Cato and give him a confused look. Mockingjay?

He sees my confused look and continues to explain, "Mockingjay. If you would agree, we would like you too be the face of our rebellion."

He gestures over to the man hunched over a table where three others have appeared. Next to the man with glasses stands a girl with short spiky hair, a handsome man with bronze hair, and another girl holding onto his hand with brown hair.

"This is Beetee, Johanna Mason, Finnick Odair, and Annie Cresta."

I recognize these four as victors from previous games.

"Katniss, I'm glad your here," Beetee starts, "if you agree to be our Mockingjay, I would love for you to use this as your weapon of choice."

He leads me over to a table where there lays a beautifully crafted black bow. He gestures to three different sets of arrows.

Beetee points to each set as he explains, "Regular, fire, explosives."

I pick an explosive one up and examine it in fascination.

"I've also made a trident for Finnick, an axe for Johanna, and even a sword for you Cato."

I look over and see Finnick and Johnna playing with their new weapons. Beetee hands Cato his sword which has a blade crafted from silver and a titanium hilt. He holds it as if he might break it and the look on his face brings a smile to mine.

Snow's reign might finally end.

I look over at Plutarch, "I'll do it."

A/N: Finally! I've brought in the other Victors.