Chapter 17

Early tomorrow morning is the set time. We'll be going into the Capitol.

I only plan on there being one outcome.

The morning is used for some last minute training. After all, you can never have too much with what we're about to endure.

The afternoon I use to spend with Prim
and my mother. We find ourselves laying up in my bed reminiscing about what little good times we can remember from back in twelve.

"I remember you'd always get your father to put on little shows with you and sing for Prim and I," my mom says. It's nice to have her be able to talk about him without out her zoning out on us.

"I remember when that boy in your year came up to you and said you were pretty. All you did was look around, shrug, and walk away because you didn't know he was talking to you," Prim giggles. I smile at the memory, but then grimace a little because I don't know what ever became of him.

"Oh what about you little duck. How about you and Rory," I tease recalling the little crush the two had (or maybe have) on each other.

Prim blushes, "Oh be quiet Katniss," and I laugh at how her cheeks are just about as red as a tomato.

This is how I wish things could have always been like. Me, my mom, Prim, and even my dad if things were different. Now we can add Cato to the list, because me and him are a package deal.

We continue like this until it gets late and everyone falls asleep including Prim and my mom.

After they fall asleep I sneak over into Cato's section where he lays in a bottom bunk.

He looks so peaceful, absolutely beautiful.

His blond hair falls into his eyes as he lightly snores. Though I have my own bunk I seem to find myself crawling into bed with him. Something we've become use to.

Slowly, I lift up his arm that's lying across his chest and climb into his arms.

He stores a little before slowly opening his eyes.

"Hi," his groggy voice says to me before pulling me closer to his chest. He presses his lips onto my forehead and leaves it there for a few seconds before pulling away and burying his face into the top of my head.

"I love you, so so much," he whispers to me. A smile takes over my face.

"I love you too," I whisper back. I plan and having many more years to say those words to him. Many more years without Snow. For the first time ever, I let the possibility of kids cross my mind. Me being able to start a family with Cato. Kids that won't have to worry about if they'll live into the next year.

"Come on beautiful, we need our sleep. It's a big day tomorrow." He cuddles me even closer, if that's possible, and closes his eyes.

"Goodnight Cato," I whisper, leaving a kiss on the exposed skin of his neck.

"Goodnight Katniss," he says in a state of being half asleep, half awake.

With all the hope filled up inside of me, I know I'll have a long happy life with Cato.