Chapter 23

Cressida leads us to a clothing shop on the outskirts of the city. Through the windows I can see lots of feathers, enough sequence to decorate District 12, and an assortment of wigs.

We all look around, knowing the coast is clear, but checking just in case. After we know that no ones around for sure, Cressida knocks on the door.

We wait a moment before the door opens.

"Tigres, it's me, Cressida," the lady, Tigres, doesn't say anything before waving us inside.

She's one Capitol citizen who took Capitol style to the extreme. Like her name, she has the stripes of a Tiger tattooed all over her face with whiskers sticking out by her mouth.

We're led through rows upon rows of frilly garments and wigs. In the back of the store, Cressida stops and removes a rack of clothing. Behind there is a secret door that you'd only notice if you paid really close attention.

She pushes on the spot and the door starts to open. When it does I can see concrete stairs leading towards a small space, though big enough for what's left of our party.

My better judgement would consider this a trap, letting us stay then having peacekeepers cornering us in. But at the moment I know it's our best bet. If Cressida trusts her, I do to.

We all make our way down the narrow stair case, dropping our stuff and collapsing to the floor. Once we've settled, the door closed and the sound of the clothing rack being slid back in place is heard.

I take note of who's left of us. Cato, Finnick, Johanna, Gale, Cressida, and I. 6 left.

We will avenge everyone else who died during this mission.