Chapter 13

Today the group of us who are going into assassinate Snow have to meet up for training. Cato is going to be there but they want him to wait a week to start working because of his shoulder wound. He won't  tell me but I know he's worried about me working with Gale.

Once me and Cato have done our morning routine, we head down to the training room at eight, already having been excused from having to follow the schedule District 13 would have usually made us follow. We enter the weapons room and the first thing to happen was Finnick Odair approaching us.

"Sugar Cube?" He asks us holding up a pure white cube of sugar between his thumb and index finger.

Cato raises his eyebrow, "where exactly are you getting those?" He questions pointing to the sweet.

"A secret stash of mine that I've already told you to much about," he says before popping the treat into his mouth.

Soon following is a beautiful girl with long chocolate brown hair. Annie Cresta. I had only met her briefly earlier and never got a good look at her. She latches herself onto Finnick's arm, holding onto him as if he could disappear.

"Hello love," Finnick whispers to her and kisses her slowly. When they pull away there was a pause where all they did was gaze into each other's eyes.

Finally Finnick turned to us and said, "You've met Annie."

She timidly looks at Cato and I and slowly puts her hand out for us to shake. It's slightly shaking but I firmly grasp it.

"Hi," I say quietly, as if raising my voice would scare her off. All I get from her is a small nod. The whole time Finnick just looked at her as if she was the moon and stars.

She probably was his moon and stars.

"Well,  me and Annie will be off  now. It was nice seeing you two again," with that he was off, probably in search of a quiet place for him and Annie to sit.

"What happened to her," I quietly ask Cato. Before he can answer a voice pipes up behind me.

"The games," the female voice said. I turn around to find a girl with short spiky hair. Johanna Mason.

"She saw her district partner get his head cut off and went mad. The only reason she won is because she hid the whole time," The way she said it wasn't in a mean way, but in a caring one.

"Those two are pretty close," Cato pipes in.

"You'd think so considering they're married."

Cato and I stare at her shocked before she continued, "they got married in private so Snow wouldn't find out. They wanted something that was there's and there's only. They don't tell people so they can keep the secret, but I know," she finishes, fondly gazing at the two across the room. Finnick has his arms wrapped around the petite brunette as he whispers sweet nothings into her ear.

I turn around to ask Johanna something but when I look, she's gone. She's already moved onto to playing with the axe that Beetee designed for her.

I look around the room to see the handful of people. I can't help but feel that someone's missing. Before I can figure it out, the voice of the  person speaks up behind me.

"Hey Catnip."