Chapter 7

In the Batcave, Robin was doing his homework while he waited for Batman.

"X plus Y times X plus Y. Holy alphabet, what is it?" he said.

"If you'll excuse me, Master Robin" said Alfred.

"Yes, Alfred?" said Robin.

"The solution is X squared plus 2XY plus Y squared" said Alfred.

"Gee, sure! Why didn't I know that? And with nationwide pre-college exams coming up in just three days" said Robin.

Batman got there just as Robin finished his algebra.

"What did you find out, Batman?" said Robin.

"Nothing" said Batman quickly.

"Holy vacuum! Not a single clue?" said Robin.

"We don't need clues, Robin. We know our man is the Joker. What we need is evidence" said Batman.

"Where are the Warriors?" said Robin.

"The commissioner reported an attack at a cocktail lounge. The Warriors are keeping watch at the lounge in case the Joker strikes again" said Batman.

"Have they had any luck?" said Robin.

"I sent them over that looted lounge with a fine toothed comb and so far they haven't found a single hair to analyze" said Batman.

"Gosh. And school morale in a tailspin. Come a month from now, there'll be dropouts by the bushel" said Robin.

"If he waits that long" said Batman.

"Huh?" said Robin.

"I didn't wanna cause panic at that student meeting, but I think the Joker has some other dirty plan afoot as well" said Batman.

"Like what?" said Robin fearfully. 

"I don't know, but I think it involves gimmicked machines and Woodrow Roosevelt High" said Batman.

"Gee, if we just knew how he gets in to fix them" said Robin.

"You guessed it, Robin. Our next move. While the Warriors are staking out the cocktail lounge..." said Batman.

"We stake out the school!" Robin snapped.

"Right again. To the Batmobile!" said Batman.

The Dynamic Duo drove out of the Batcave and back to the school.