Chapter 10

The Three Warriors were still staking out the bar. 

They were waiting for Batman and Robin to report anything they found at the school.

"What's taking those boys so long?" said Sam.

"I dunno. Where are they anyway?" said Calvin.

"Batman said they'd be at the high school" said Charles Wallace.

"Let's go see" said Sam.

The Warriors flew over Woodrow Roosevelt High and noticed the truck the Joker was in.

"There's the Joker now! But what's he doing?" said Charles Wallace.

"I dunno, but I don't like the looks of that truck he's in" said Calvin.

The kids landed in front of Nick and Two-Bits.

"Two-Bits?! What's going on?" said Sam.

"Well well well. If it isn't Green Bean and her gang of feather-heads" said Two-Bits.

"What have you done with Batman and Robin?" said Sam.

Before Two-Bits could answer and just as the machine hit the third lemon, all of the power in Gotham City went out.

"Hey, boss, look!" said Nick.

"What?" said the Joker.

"The whole town! Dark. Street lights, everything" said Two-Bits.

"Oh, curses and criminy! What confounded luck! Gotham City is having a power failure just like New York" said the Joker.

"And the Three Warriors are here!" said Two-Bits. 

"I don't like the twist this joke is taking" said the Joker.

"What do we do with them? This is my chance to get even with Sam Pan" said Two-Bits.

"Don't take it! They're too smart. We must get away before they find anything more!" said the Joker.

He and his Bad Pennies made a run for it.

Because of that, the Warriors were unable to identify any other gang members.

"You're lucky I never hurt a woman, Green Bean" said Two-Bits gravely before running off with the Joker.

The Warriors looked at each other in fear.

"Well, at least we know Two-Bits is one of the gang" said Sam.

"But where's Batman and Robin?" said Charles Wallace.

"They must be here because the Joker mentioned a joke" said Calvin.

The Warriors opened the cargo of the truck and found the Dynamic Duo strapped to the electric chairs.

"Holy smoke!" said Calvin.

"Quick, Warriors! Get us out before the power comes back on!" said Batman.

"Or that's what we will be! Just holy smokes!" said Robin.