Chapter 8

Susie was in the principal's office loading his coffee machine with more money.

She heard the sound of the Batmobile's engine and looked out the window to see it pull into the school parking lot.

She picked up the phone and called the Joker on it.

"Hello, hello. Give me the sign" said the Joker when he picked up the phone.

"How do you stop a dog from barking in July?" said Susie.

"Countersign. Shoot him in June. Very good" the Joker laughed.

"Joker, listen. Batman and Robin just drove into the parking lot" said Susie.

"What? The Dynamic Duo at the school? Are the Three Warriors with them?" said the Joker.

"No, they're not" said Susie.

"Then we'll deal with them later" said the Joker.

"What do I do? Take another lam?" said Susie.

At first the Joker said no, but then he laughed and said "Thank goodness for my delicious sense of humor. You have your crooked keys, don't you?"

"Natch" said Susie.

"Alright, sweet Sue. Find key 17. Do exactly as I tell you" said the Joker.

Batman and Robin turned on their anti-crime recorder in the Batmobile in case their evidence was a sound.

"Gain level set" said Robin.

"Okay. Set the anti-theft systems. Let's go" said Batman.

Robin set up the anti-theft systems and the duo entered the school.

They ran into Susie in the hallway.

"Susie" said Batman.

"Wow, am I ever glad to see you two. Just now, I saw some suspicious character in the gym" said Susie.

"Quick! Run to safety" said Batman.

"We'll take care of him!" said Robin.

The Dynamic Duo entered the gym and found the gimmicked milk machine.

"Wait, Batman. The machine. It's been tampered with" said Robin.

"This might be tricky. Get out your Bat-a-rang. I'll slip in a dime" said Batman.

Robin did as he was told.

When Batman inserted his dime, two clampers latched onto the duo's legs.

"Holy ball and chain!" said Robin.

Before they could take out their cutting tools, a gas emerged from the milk machine.

"Knockout gas!" said Robin.

In less than a minute, Batman and Robin were knocked out.

The Joker, Nick and Two-Bits found them asleep.