Chapter 9

Twelve and a half minutes later, inside a curious looking truck, Two-Bits and Nick strapped Batman and Robin to electric chairs in the cargo while Susie and the Joker sat in the front.

"It's all hooked up, boss" said Nick plugging a chord into the side of the truck.

"Fifty thousand volts, straight from the city main" said Two-Bits.

"Good!" said the Joker.

"Gosh, Joker, this is sure some crazy mixed up moving van" said Susie.

"One of the assets of the One-Armed Bandit Novelty Company, my dear. Built for a whimsical Caribbean dictator. Happily for us if not for the Dynamic Duo. Deposed before delivery" said the Joker.

Susie looked through a little window in the back of the truck and saw Batman and Robin moving.

"Oh, they're waking up" she said.

"Careful now, my dimpled darling. No names. I'll speak to them through this trick microphone" said the Joker.

"Oh, what a ball!" said Susie.

Batman and Robin woke up and became aware of where they were.

"Holy Las Vegas! Where are we?" said Robin.

"In a strange kind of game room, Boy Blunder. Do you see the machine next to you?" said the Joker through the trick microphone.

"Right" said Batman.

"It's going to spin around merrily, merrily" said the Joker.

"What's the payoff?" said Batman.

"Three liberty bells: your freedom and fifty thousand dollars cash. Three oranges: your freedom only" said the Joker.

"And if it's three lemons, which the percentages say is the more likely?" said Batman.

"Fifty thousand volts of electrifying electricity, my fettered Fatman. Automatically on the third lemon" said the Joker.

"Holy fruit salad!" said Robin.

"Sorry, I don't approve of gambling" said Batman.

"Enough, my captured Caped Crusaders. I guarantee this machine is fair. So let the game commence" said the Joker.

He started the machine and it started spinning.

Horrors! One lemon!

Double horrors! Two lemons!!

And if it's a third, instant and inescapable fifty thousand volts!!

Close your eyes! Who dares to see it!

Try us later. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!