Chapter 15

"Holy hailstorm. You knew that was gonna happen" said Robin.

"Or something like it. You see, Robin, you betrayed yourself in that candy store" said Batman.

"How?" said Robin weakly.

"Despite your boast, it was painfully evident that you're not a smoker. Nick must have seen that you were working hand in hand with the police" said Batman.

"Gee, Batman. I'm sorry" said Robin.

"Don't be silly. It's to your credit that that charade failed" said Batman.

"It is?" said Sam.

"Yeah. Now we've taken care of what happened here. We're one step closer to righting whatever the Joker has wronged" said Calvin.

"Gosh, Calvin, you're right" said Robin.

"Very good, Calvin. The thing now is to save Susie" said Batman.

"Save Susie? From what?" said Charles Wallace.

"Work it out. Why would an undercover agent try to pump her?" said Batman.

Sam gasped. "Because Robin knew she was one of the gang!"

"Precisely, Sam. And once they know that we know, that young lady's life isn't worth a plugged lollypop" said Batman.

"Holy murder! We gotta find her quick!" said Robin.

"Where? Back at the store?" said Batman.

"School!" said Robin.

"On a Saturday?" said Calvin.

"She'll be in the gym practicing cheers" said Robin.

"Oh yes. There's a big game tonight. Woodrow Roosevelt against Disko Tech" said Batman. 

"We better move it!" said Sam.

As they left, Batman stopped and turned back, then spoke to the bartender.

"Bartender, a bit of advice. Always inspect a jukebox carefully. These machines can be deadly" he said.

Then the gang went back to the high school.