Chapter 19

It was decided that Susie go to the Wayne Foundation for Delinquent Girls. 

She stayed at Wayne Manor while Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson made the arrangements.

The next day was the day she were to go. 

The Warriors said their goodbyes to her. 

"Bye, Susie. It's been swell" said Sam giving the girl a high five.

The least Susie did for Sam was smile.

"It was nice seeing you again after my graduation" said Calvin.

"It was nice having you back, Cal" Susie whispered.

Charles Wallace wrapped his arms around Susie's waist to give her a hug and said "Bye, Susie".

"Bye, little guy" said Susie hugging back.

"It was nice to meet you, Susie. Joker or no Joker" said Charles Wallace making the girl laugh a little.

"Well, I guess it's goodbye, Susie" said Dick.

"Goodbye, Dick" said Susie shaking his hand.

"I give you my word. I'll mail you all the new cheers as soon as they're made out. You can practice 'em while you're... away" said Dick.

Susie buried her face in her handkerchief and said "Gosh" through tears.

"What's the matter?" said Dick.

"You've all been so nice to me. I can hardly bear it" Susie cried.

"Aw, gawrsh, Susie. It wasn't all your fault" said Sam.

"She's right. What with your unhappy childhood in a broken home and everything. No wonder you fell for that crook's phony promises" said Dick.

"And hey. If Two-Bits ever gives you any trouble, I'll teach him a lesson. I know how to handle him" said Sam.

"Thanks, Sammy" said Susie.

Bruce then came in and said "It's time, Susie. The chauffeur is waiting".

Dick led Susie to where Bruce was.

"Gee. Imagine being taken to jail by a chauffeur" said Susie sadly.

"The Wayne Foundation for delinquent girls is hardly a jail, Susie" said Calvin.

"Gee, no. There are teams and clubs and everything" said Charles Wallace.

"I don't know what to say to you all. I... I just..." said Susie.

She kissed Dick on the cheek and said "Thanks, Dick".

"You're welcome, Susie" aid Dick.

"I'll have nightmares all my life, Mr Wayne. If it hadn't been for that power failure, where would Robin be? And where would Batman be?" said Susie.

"Where would Dick Grayson be?" said Dick.

"Huh?" said Susie.

"Don't think about it, young people. Just be thankful that life is filled with unanswered questions, that's all. Goodbye, Susie" said Bruce.

"Goodbye" said Susie.

Dick led her outside and she was driven away.