House x reader - Help

Sitting on the couch, you looked over at your friend who was rubbing his hand up and down his leg.

Are you alright?

Yeah.

You frowned, getting up, you grabbed the hot water bottle from the table and filled it up.

Kneeling in front of house, you placed it on his leg.

Hows that? You asked.

He let out a content sigh and leant back, giving a small nod of his head.

You smiled and got up, heading back to your couch you ruffled your dogs head as she look up at you.

Good girl Tess. You smiled.

She licked your hand and looked at house, giving a small whine she nudged his elbow.

You know, you should get one.

Hot water bottle? He asked confused.

No, a service dog. You chuckled.

Absolutely not.

Why not?

Itll only get in my way.

I think it could help.

You begin explain why you thought a service dog would benefit House, and what it could do for him and how it could help him out.

Not only helping in his personal life but helping with his work life as well.

After you finished explaining things house signed and pinched the bridge his nose.

Fine, Ill think about it.

Nearly a week later you got a call from House, saying that he decided to try a service dog.

You decided to visit him at the hospital after that, so you waited in the café for the doctor to come down.

When he did you couldnt help but laugh, he was frowning while a grumpy looking golden retriever padded alongside him.

Looks exactly like you. You snickered.

Shut up.

He sat down, groaning in pain.

His dog nudged his hand, and house gently pet the dogs heads.

Its fine.

Ruffling the dogs fur, he looked down at the animal before turning back to you.

How is it?

Weird, its strange having him follow me around all the time.

Does he help though? You asked.

House took a drink if hues coffee and nodded his head.

Surprisingly yes. Im aware of the psychology behind service dogs, but its interesting to see how it really works.

You smiled, leaning back in your chair you gave him a thumbs up.

Good to know, Im glad Greg really.

You wanted to help him with his pain, but there wasnt much he could ever let you help with. With it being his pain, you couldnt help, but maybe having a service animal would help ease everything a little more