No one knows you to are married

Hows the husband? Still too busy for a vacation? Mrs. Johnson was trying to make friendly conversation with you – like she did every time you saw her – by asking about House. Or the husband as she knew him. Anyone else who knew him wouldnt be so fond of him, but you were lucky enough to tell her about all of the good things he does and how good he was to you. The last time you saw her, you were stressed from how heavy a workload you had and were in desperate need of a vacation. You told her that House (the husband) wouldnt be able to go and you refused to leave without him; apparently, she remembered that.

Yes, unfortunately. But work is so much better now, Im no longer in dire need of way too much sunlight and sand in unwanted places. You gave her your warmest smile and she let out a soft laugh, hanging her purse over her shoulder. You lead her to the door and followed her out of the room.

Tell him that he needs to take you anyway, you look like you could use some sun. You shook your head slightly and set her chart in the file holder beside the door.

I thought my vampirish glow was working for me. You walked to the nurses station and waved her off with a goodbye, grabbing another patient file. You might as well try to fulfill your clinic hours while you were here. The doors to the clinic opened and you could see a small group of people walking in, one of them with a distinct walk. Something you could recognize anywhere. You set the file back and walked around the opposite side of the clinic, avoiding him like the plague.

You two made a pact to ignore each other at work and to pretend like you didnt know the other existed. It was easier for you two that way, no arguments to have over a patient or annoying things to dispute about your relationship with talkative nurses. You could hear the collection of footsteps following you at a somewhat faster pace and House say something to them, your eyes searching the clinic to see who was paying attention. You turned your head to look over your shoulder at them, seeing House looking back at you.

Need a consult. You stopped and turned your body to face him, seeing his fellows standing behind him and watching with curious faces.

Come to my office, Im not doing this here. You walked out of the clinic and to the elevators, knowing that House would be following you. You pressed the button and tucked your hands into your lab coat pockets, feeling the presence of someone standing right next to you. You spoke so only House could hear you, your eyes staying on the elevator doors. Theres no one else you could get a consult from? Or are you still mad about last night? You stepped into the elevator as it opened, turning to face the doors and seeing his fellows looking at you two with their eyebrows scrunched together. He stepped in beside you and pressed the button for your floor.

Sorry, no more room. He spoke to them and you watched as the doors slid shut before turning your head to face him. He looked down at you and raised his eyebrows slightly. No, Im not mad because I know I was right and so do you. Your mouth hung open a bit as you scoffed.

There is no way in hell you were right. Admit it, you just want to tell everyone that you love me and youre tired of hiding it anymore. The doors opened as you were finished talking and you smirked at him, walking out of the elevator backwards and watching as he rolled his eyes. You turned around and lead him to your office, finding his team already sitting and waiting. You smiled at them before sitting at your desk, clasping your hands together on the top of your desk.

Fever, joint pain, rash, seizures, kidney function declining. House was the first to speak in the room, his eyes focused on the window and his hands tapping his cane up and down.

And you needed my expertise? It sounds like autoimmune. You watched his face for a moment before resting your head on your hand, raising an eyebrow. Do you need me to tell you its lupus? Because I can. Gladly. He turned to look at you and narrowed his eyes.