Celebrate

It feels as though you've stepped into a fairy tale ball, only none of the women are wearing ballgowns. No, they've opted for cocktail dresses or smart casual attire. Something from the newer age. You feel slightly underdressed, in your current attire. You'd thought about a change of clothes, but you didn't want to wait a second longer, seven months was more than enough.

You scan the room until your gaze fixes on your target, the one person you've been waiting to see, in the flesh, for seven long months. You start walking toward him, aware of the looks coming your way.

Some are curious, others not so much, but you don't care. Your heart feels like it wants to burst out your chest and rush to his, hold on tight and never let go. You have to restrain from increasing your walking speed. You don't want to alarm anyone and you also don't want to call more attention to yourself than necessary.

His back is toward you when you finally reach him. His in the middle of a conversation with someone and you don't want to interrupt, so you stand quietly waiting for him to finish. You cant quite keep your laugh in when you hear him respond sarcastically to his conversational partner and he turns to face you.

You see the surprised shock on his face and mentally high-five yourself for pulling it off.

(Y/N)? he asks as though he cannot believe it.

Wait, you know her? his friend asks.

No, I was asking a stranger if thats her name? House responds, sarcastically.

Army Sergeant (Y/Full/N), you introduce yourself to the brown-haired man talking to House, but don't offer a hand.

James, Doctor James Wilson, he replies, his cheeks coloring a little.

Shes married, Wilson. So, you can stop right there, House tells him and you pick up on the barely-there edge in his voice.

I havent Wilson turns to House, but the look House shoots him stops Wilson in his tracks.

House is about to say something else when hes stopped by another voice on the other end of the room announcing that the dinner will now be served. House leads you out the ballroom and toward the elevator.

He doesnt do well with crowds and well, after seven months of waiting, you dont want to share his attention with old farts.

You step into the elevator, House a step behind you. Once the elevator doors swish shut, he doesnt waste a minute, pulling you into his arms and gently squeezing you to him.

God, I missed you, he whispers into your neck as he places opened mouthed kisses on the spot between your jaw and neck. His hands roam over your body, no doubt wanting to feel every inch of you and you feel his reaction when he finally notices it. Not that he wouldnt have earlier, but your clothes have kind of kept your secret. You wanted him to be the first to know. It was only fair.

Warm hands trail down the ladder of your ribs, coming to a stop on your swollen abdomen. You feel a kick or a punch, and with the hitch of his breath you know House feels it too.

Mine? he asks, even though he knows its his.

Of course, you tell him, knowing he just wants to rile you up. Thats just his nature and you love him for it. That impromptu visit seven months ago when you couldnt keep your hands off me, you tell him and House rolls his eyes.

Excuse me, I wasnt the one whod suggested spending the weekend in bed because of thunderstorms he responds.

Well, if we didnt spend the weekend in bed, we wouldnt have this, would we? You ask as you place your hand over his on your abdomen.

No, he whispers and for the first time, youre unclear about his feelings on this. You had six months to tell him. You knew you should have, but in your mind, it really wasnt first choice to do it over a video call.

House? Are you okay with this? you ask.

Its four minutes before he answers and youve already decided that yes, maybe this was a mistake.

(Y/N), the way he says your name gets your attention.

House, I love you and I want this, but I understand if you dont. I shouldnt have kept it from you. You start, but he stops you.

I want this, he tells you.

I wanted this from the day I married you, but I wasnt sure what the future held for us, with you in the ARMY and me stateside but this seals the deal, he tells you and your heart cant take it. If you thought you were in love with him before, it just doubled now.

It also helps that Ive been honourably discharged, you add.

Lets get outta here, we need to celebrate, he tells you as he leads you out the hospital and into the future.

image

house M.D.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें