House x reader - Care

Croutching by a wall, you pulled your thin blanket around you, the snow fell all around and as you searched the streets there was no one in sight.

Sighing, you sat in the cold ground and rested your head against your knee.

A few moments later your heard someone approaching and looked up at him.

A bit cold to be sitting on the floor. He said.

Could you perhaps spare some food or change sir? You asked quietly.

The man looked around, rooting through his pockets before he softly shook his head. Though instead he offered you his hand.

No, but you need to get out the cold. Theres a blizzard coming in, and I dont fancy treating you in the morning.

Isnt it strange to be going home with strangers? You asked back.

The man looked at you before he chuckled lightly before pulling something out his pocket and tossing it to you.

You looked at it, it was his wallet which had a medical license and an ID card.

You tossed it back and looked at him withba soft smile.

Im sorry Mr House, but Ive made many mistakes before and going to someones home will not be one of them.

Pulling your knees up again, you watched as he struggled to kneel down to your height.

And if you dont youll freeze to death. Theres no shelters open, and you cant stay at the hospital its overrun. So you either freeze out here or come with me, your choice.

You looked up at the grey clouds, and you shivered.

You wouldnt be able to stay outside for much longer, you werent dressed for the weather and had no shelter.

You had no choice but to trust the man, so you got up and helped him stand up as well.

He led you down the street, and he draped his jacket over you. Letting you gather a little more heat in the freezing weather.

He led you to his apartment and you awkwardly stood in the hallway.

You want Chinese?

Im okay with just a sandwich Sir.

House turned towards you and rose a brow in questioning.

When did you last eat?

You counted on your fingers before giving a little shrug.

Maybe three or four days ago.

Chinese it is. Shower is down there, Ill get you some clean clothes.

You nodded, you didnt want to argue with him so you simply headed to the bathroom and waited for him to bring you in some spare clothes.

Washing yourself off, you quickly dried and changed before padding out, looking for your blanket.

Mr House? You called.

Kitchen.

You followed his voice and froze, he was throwing your dirty things into the trash.

No!

He froze and you rushed over, taking the blanket from his hands you held it tightly.

You cant throw this...

Its absolutely filthy.

I.. my parents gave it to me...

House immediately stopped and he nodded, he also set you clothes aside and opened the washing machine instead.

He gestured to the blanket and you reluctantly handed it over, carefully watching as he put it into the washing machine.

What was supposed to be a night, turned into weeks and slowly months. House had set up part of his living room as a bedroom for you, and he brought you new clothes and more things.

Today you were meeting him for lunch, and as you walked into the reception of the hospital you saw two doctors stood there talking about him.

Hes so selfish, and rude. One growled.

Im shocked he hasnt been fired.

Dr House shouldnt be working here, I think we should speak to Cuddy about it.

Storming over to them, hands balled into fists you sneered at the pair.

Mr House isnt rude or selfish! Yeah he can be inconsiderate about others feelings, but he always has others best interest at heart. He took me in off the street and gave me a place to live, he couldve thrown me out after the blizars but didnt. So shut your mouths!

A hand was placed on your shoulder and you turned around, House was stood there smiling slightly at you.

Thats enough, let them believe what they want. Come on.

You nodded and walked alongside him, he nudged you slightly and you turned to him again.

Thanks.

Youre welcome.

Beaming up at him, you skipped ahead as you guys headed to a nearby café