Reveal

Youre in the middle of a consult when your pager goes off. You ignore it; your patient needs more reassurance and House can wait for five more minutes. Your patient gestures for you to answer it, but you assure her that its not important and wait for her next question.

Your cellphone begins to vibrate on the table a few seconds later and you ignore that offending piece of technology too. Your patient raises an eyebrow in your direction and you nod your head. Shes still your priority.

Shes just about to start talking again when your landline starts ringing and she asks you to please answer the phone.

You do.

What? you answer, without waiting for House to even greet.

Uh Dr (Y/L/N)? a female voice on the other end of the line asks.

Yes, Im in the middle of something, leave your number and Ill call you back, you tell the lady.

Before she can reply though, Houses voice comes through.

Need a consult,

Im in the middle of something, you repeat.

My patient is dying, yours still has to make an appearance, Id say another three weeks, give or take, he responds.

This causes you to look up and you see him waving his phone at you from the other side of the glass door. He doesnt wait for you to excuse yourself from your consult, he simply walks in and tells your patient to reschedule with your assistant and gives you a pointed look.

You apologize to your eight month, pregnant patient, ask her to follow up with your assistant and then follow House down to his office and conference room, where his three ducklings are brainstorming.

He fills you in on the case and what causes and treatments theyve ruled out already and what doesnt really fit but they cant take a chance on.

The blonde man is the first to break.

Dr (Y/L/N)? He asks and you nod. World class OB-GYN specializing in neo-natal surgery? You raise a questioning eyebrow at him.

Now that weve ascertained who she really is, can we get on with not killing the seven-month pregnant patient we have to treat? And from the inflections on some of the words, you know House is having a hard time with this case.

You start spouting off some diagnoses and symptoms and he rejects ninety percent of them telling you they dont fit.

This annoys you; but you keep going, his three fellows adding something every once in a while. Eventually you run out of options and they are nowhere near a proper diagnosis for the patient.

Then Chase asks you a personal question and for a second both you and House are thrown by it. House recovers first and its while sarcastically responding to Chase that he has a revelation. He starts listing of symptoms and treatment and what to check for as the three other doctors stare at him.

I dont think the patients going to treat herself, he mutters to his underlings getting them to at least stand from their seated positions.

You turn to leave as well but he halts your movement when he grabs your forearm. He pulls you towards him, with you pressed up against his chest.

Thank you, Dr (Y/L/N-House), he says before fusing his mouth to yours in a heated kiss.

Youre welcome, you reply, once youve got your breath back.

Wait youre married? Chase asks, and you nod your head, indicating you are.

To him? This time its the dark-haired woman, Cameron, if you remember correctly.

Yes, to him, you reply, exasperatedly.

Seriously?

You continue nodding your head.

You hear Chase tell the other two doctors they owe him fifty bucks each as they walk toward the patients room and yuh cant help the laugh that escapes you.

When did Chase figure it out? You ask House.

He didnt. I told him you were married when he decided he wanted to ask you on a date.

And you didnt bother telling him, Im married to his boss?

Where would the fun in that have been? He answers your question with another; and though you dont disagree, it still prompts a laugh from you.

image