Chapter 1 - The Shot That Counts

As Jason is sleeping in his tent, small bits of nature are still awake. Crickets are heard chirping, a distant owl's hoots can also be heard as it sets up on getting dinner, and a mouse scurries along the forest floor trying its hardest to get shelter away from the owl. One thing is for certain, Jason is surely not alone out in the forest. The fire, now a smoldering pile of ash, is slowly dying off as there is no more wood to be burned. A few yards away from camp, two wolf anthros are stalking Jason, curious about what the foreign creature is doing so far away from its established home.

Wolf 1: What do you think it's doing out here?

The first wolf asked in a confused and quiet tone

Wolf 2: I'm not sure, we should report it to the Alpha, he would know what to do, he has been interested in what the creature is doing since it built its home in our territory.

Wolf 1: Good idea

The first wolf says as they both return to their pack's den in their wolf forms to be quicker.

Time skip brought to you by Carter and Jason shooting a bow and arrow at a banana

The two wolves make it back to the den and slowly make their way to the Alpha's room. Many other wolves roam the cave, wood tables can be seen with anthros around them chatting. Anthro wolf cubs can be seen roaming around the cave playing games, with their mothers chatting at a separate table drinking water from cups made of wood. While the two wolves make their way to the Alpha's entrance, they are stopped by a larger anthro.

Large Wolf: What are you two up to?

The larger anthro asks in a calm tone facing the first wolf.

Wolf 1: Hello uncle, we spotted the unknown creature at a campsite not too far from us, we'd like to talk to our father about what to do about it.

The first wolf from before said while motioning to their sibling

Wolf 2: When we saw it, it was just sleeping in a tent but we didn't want to engage with the being without our father's confirmation.

Wolf Uncle: Understandable, he's just in his room with your mother.

Both wolves nod at the large wolf and continue to the Alpha's room. Arriving at his room the first wolf knocks on his door.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Male Voice: Come in

Both wolves enter the Alpha's room, the Alpha is at a table with his wife, both sipping on water from a cup made from wood. The male wolf, who appears to be the alpha stands up to greet the two other wolves.

Alpha: *looking at the first wolf then the second* Ahh, Kotori, Kaya, nice seeing you here! How was the hunting?

He says giving his kids a tight hug.

Kotori then steps forward

Kotori: Hello Father, the hunt was good

Aponivi: That's good, glad to know there is plenty of deer out there still.

Kotori: While on the hunt towards the end of the day, Kaya and I saw the creature away from its established home. In a campsite not too far from the den.

Aponivi raises an eyebrow at the sudden information, the Alpha's wife then walks toward the three wolves.

Wife: Out this far? What is it doing way out here?

Kaya: We are not sure, judging from the items it has, it is likely hunting.

The Alpha is seen slightly angered at the thought of competition in their territory.