Chapter 7 - Christmas Special

Jason: Just a little more!....There!

Jason says as he puts the star on top of the tree.

Kotori: So, tell me what this is about again? I'm still lost.

Kotori asks while pulling on his Christmas sweater.

Jason: My culture celebrates Christmas with the ones you love. There is more to it that dives deep into my religion but since you guys don't know of it, ill just leave it out unless you guys want to learn more about my beliefs in the future. Today, Christmas is about spending time with family and friends, eating great food together, opening gifts others give to you, staying warm by the fireplace, and enjoying the time with the ones we love.

He says while giving Kotori a pat on the back.

Kotori: I think I get it a little, it's like when we celebrate birthdays.

Kotori says with a confused look on his face.

Jason: Sorta, but we don't celebrate a person's birthday by giving them gifts, in my religion, we do celebrate a birthday and is one of the main reasons why my religion celebrates it, but like I said before, we celebrate a holiday with the people we love and cherish, which is why I wanted to share my culture traditions with you guys to show how much I care about you guys, you are family to me.

Jason says as he looks at the family of anthro wolves in his living room.

Aponivi: It's surprising that you trust us this much that you let us into your home and eat your own food and you allow us to celebrate your culture's traditions.

Aponivi says it's just so astonishing that another being of another species allows them to join them for a tradition they don't celebrate. He is thankful regardless. He, as well as the rest of his family, are wearing Christmas sweaters, each unique in their own way.

Jason: You are never not surprised by what I do huh?

They both laugh

Aponivi: Well I never expected to be treated as family this soon!

Jason responded by giving his soon-to-be father-in-law a pat on the back and a hug which startles Aponivi.

Jason: Since you guys approve of Kaya and I's relationship, I've since then treated you and your pack as family, I still have my family back at home but here, this is family.

He says as he breaks the hug.

Jason: Now, let's get some food.

He says as they enter the kitchen with Rofl and Kaya cooking. Over time and using Jason's laptop, they utilize a recipe they found to cook Christmas dinner with. To Jason's surprise, the food actually smells really good.

Jason: Something smells good!

He says as he makes his way over to Kaya and gives her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. Aponivi just hugs Rofl and lets go, Jason helps set the table and gather the secondary dishes. Like almost all his protein intake, they cook deer since it's the only large game in the area besides giant bears.