Chapter 6 - Finally, Some Good F*cking Food

Jason and Kaya are outside cutting the deer into smaller pieces for cooking. Jason was playing music on his phone, playing some chillhop music. Kaya's family is inside watching a movie, something about a goofy guy is hired as a spy. Jason put it on while he and Kaya cut up the deer. Jason is wanting to prepare a nice dinner for Kaya and her family. He wants to prepare a special dish he remembers his mother making when his dad brought home deer meat. Deer steak is what he decided to prepare, as well as make deer jerky he remembered his father made when he was younger. Jason is cutting up the meat and handing it off to Kaya to place in a bowl to prepare in. Once he is finished with the cutting, he and Kaya reentered the house and greeted her family again, they were enjoying the movie due to the laughter coming from the house. Jason went to the kitchen to start preparing the food. While he was getting the stuff out so the meat can marinate, Kaya was with him watching him prepare it.

Kaya: Lots of odd liquids you are using.

She said while leaning her head on his shoulder.

Jason: These were specifically made to add more flavor to the meat. Adding these will really make your tastebuds dance!

He said with enthusiasm. Kaya smiled and hugged him while he prepared.

Jason: Careful! don't want to get your fur on the meat!

He said while stepping away from the prep area so he can also hug her but with his hands away from her to not dirty her fur.

Kaya: Need me to do anything?

She asks while looking into his eyes. Jason shakes his head

Jason: Nah I'm alright, this is a difficult recipe to do and it will take a while, which is why I set up that movie anyways. Just marinating the meat would take a few hours so once I'm finished here, I'll put it into the fridge and let it marinate, I'll then join you guys with the movie.

He said while putting plastic wrap around the bowl and placing it into the fridge, he then washed his hands and left the room with Kaya beside him. Entering the living room, Rofl noticed the two enter.

Rofl: If I may ask, how is it coming along? The venison I mean.

She asked while looking at the two as they both sit on a chair together.

Jason: It's going good, just need to let the meat marinate for a few hours, which is why I put on this movie for us, to give it time. Likely after these movies, is when dinner will be finished.

He said with a smile as Kaya curled up onto Jason's lap, nuzzling his neck which in return, is making him blush.

Rofl: Thank you, Jason, and it's good to know she enjoys your company.

She said with a smile. She then leaned her head on Aponivi's shoulder which he returned by leaning his head on her head. Kotori is just watching the movie, not even paying attention to the two couples next to him. The family and Jason continue to watch the movie(s), Jason then returned to the kitchen with Kaya to finish making dinner, Jason got the grill pan ready and started to get the wood fire stove ready, he could have used his electric stove but wanted the satisfaction of using a wood fire stove to cook a special meal for special guests. Plus, he just likes the taste of wood-cooked meals.

Kaya: So all that's left is to just cook it?

Kaya asks as she stands on the other side of the stove.

Jason: Yup! After that, dinner will be ready! While you were watching the movie, I also made some jerky for a small snack.

He says while walking up to the dehydrator containing some deer meat.