Chapter 13 - Alaskan Hike

The whole family was in the living room talking while watching a movie, Mom and Kaya were talking about women things, and Dad, Justin, and Kotori were talking about men things. Jason thought deeply about what to do before his family had to leave and fly back home. Then, an idea pops up.

Jason: How about we all go out hiking and camping northward?

Jason says as he looks up, all eyes dart to him, waiting for him to explain the idea.

Jason: Since living here, I ventured a bit north but not very far, I'm sure you guys would like to see more of this state.

The five ponder on the idea, all nod together, and mumble in agreement. 

Jason: Alright! We can leave tomorrow morning, we can camp out too. 

Everyone mumbled in agreement again.

Jason: Guess it's settled, we'll all go hiking up north and explore more of the land around here!

Everyone then gets up and starts preparing for the trip the next morning. Kaya packs the clothing that Jason bought her. (A/N: Think regular women's outdoor clothing, don't really wanna add more images to the story.) Even going to the lengths of cutting holes for her tail which she really appreciated. As Jason's family get out their outdoor supplies such as clothing and hats, since they knew they'd do something similar to this since they'd never been to Alaska before, they came prepared. Everyone finished getting prepared to leave first thing in the morning and return the next morning. 

Jason: Alright, I believe Kaya and I are done, what about you guys?

He asks his family 

Kotori: I appreciate you allowing me to wear some of your old clothing, even cut-out holes for my tail. Thank you! 

He says giving Jaosn a fist bump.

Jason: No problem, you can keep them if ya want, just have to bring them to me to wash them every once in a while.

Kotori just gave him a thumbs-up with a toothy smile.

Justin: Ma, Pa, and I are all loaded up and ready to go, just wake up in time Jason, I'm sure Kaya knows you are a pain to actually wake up.

He says with a sigh.

Kaya: Even trying to tickle him with my tail, he just won't wake up. 

Both Kaya and Justin look at Jason with a disappointed glance. 

Jason: Hey! I wake up when I need to! And I will wake up tomorrow since we have things planned!

Jason says trying to defend himself.

Justin: Yea, then you sleep in more saying you'll leave a bit later and refuse to get up after...

Justin says as Jason just sits there in defeat. Kaya just walks over to him and gives him a big fluffy hug and a smooch.

Kaya: But you look adorable when you sleep. 

She says as the two then kiss and hug.

Jason: Thank you, honey.

He says as they break the hug, Jason then starts to walk toward the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Meanwhile

???: We have to travel more south, the winters here are getting even more harsh, and finding food has become even more of a struggle. Wesa, we are in dire need right now and anything will do at this point.

The unknown feline says to her husband, slowly waging her tail.

Wesa: I have to agree with you there Ahawi, anything we find here is just too damn small to feed everyone with. If we hunt more south, finding food would be a bit easier, just hope we don't have competition. I don't want conflict...but we are struggling here.

Wesa says as he hugs his wife, both intertwine their tails to show affection for eachother. 

Wesa: I'll gather a large hunting party and make our way south in hopes of game to hunt. We have to get something or else we are done for.

He says as he and his wife venture out of their room and begin to gather a party. After he gathers everyone who is needed, he began to make an announcement.

Wesa: As you all know, we are in dire need of food, anything will suffice at this point, which is why I gathered you all to journey south, as it is warmer and the likelihood that more game will be there. One group will gather edible herbs while the rest hunt, I want as many people on this hunt as possible to have the highest chance of gathering enough to last. We might run into competition but I hate to have conflict, but...

Wesa says as he lowers his head.

Wesa: We do what we must to survive. 

=================================

OOOH! Something is brewing to the north! Something that will likely end in conflict!

Sorry to have this short, but I want to hype you all up for this as the next few chapters will involve conflict and I kinda wanna stretch it out a bit longer (I'm sorry). As always! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and are prepared for whats coming, I am starting college again this Monday but since I won't be dorming, I'll have more comfort in writing for you guys! I would help out a LOT if you followed me and voted for the story, It will show you guys actually enjoy what I write! Thank you again and I hope to see you in the next one!