Chapter 3 - First Hunt Memories

About a year has passed since Jason met with Aponivi, the alpha of the Hopi tribe, over the course of the year, Jason has steadily been gaining the trust of the other tribe members. Kaya is always tasked to retrieve Jason from his home when he is needed to hunt. Instead of using his gun, Jason was asked to use a bow to hunt, Aponivi believed that it would be best to know Jason's skills other than using his primary weapon. During his first few hunting parties with the pack, he was given a bow from the pack's supplies. Jason looks at his calendar on his kitchen wall and sees that another hunt is coming up soon, Jason knows this because, over the course of a few hunting trips, Jason has noticed the amount of time between each hunt and has written the information down, even down to the time Kaya arrives to pick him up. With the upcoming hunt which is in a day, excluding a day because Kaya picks him up and they wait a day in the den before each hunt, Jason decides to get his own hunting bow to not have to use the pack's own.

Jason boots up his PC and starts to do research on a hunting bow, he wanted something he used when he went hunting with his father in the past. Scrolling through Cabela's, he finds a bow that catches his eye. A Carbon Spyder ZT Compound Bow. 

He made sure to put in his location and found that the Cabelas that was near him had one in stock and decides to get that

He made sure to put in his location and found that the Cabelas that was near him had one in stock and decides to get that. Jason was going to drive there and get the bow as well as a few attachments and stock up on arrows. Jason locks his house up, goes to his garage and gets in his truck, starts up, and starts to make his way over to the Cabela's.

Meanwhile in the den

Aponivi was chatting with his daughter Kaya and a few other hunting party members. They were talking about how much deer to bring in this time since winter is quickly approaching.

Aponivi: With the winter coming in, I hope for a larger haul of deer.

He said to the group, and they all nodded in agreement. Aponivi then turns to Kaya.

Aponivi: With the hunt coming, and winter approaching, it would be a good idea again to request Jason for help, tomorrow morning, go and retrieve him and request him to bring a sled that can help in transporting deer quickly.

Kaya nods at her father's request

Kaya: Yes alpha.

She says as Aponivi then dismisses the mini meeting with the hunting party.

Back to Jason

Jason is now on his way home after getting the bow, he made sure to grab the accessories needed to aid him in accurately shooting a deer, he even got a few targets to practice more before and after the hunt. Jason reaches his home and driving into his garage spot, he spots a familiar anthro waiting for him outside his house. After parking his vehicle, he steps out to meet Kaya who is walking up to him in his garage.

Jason: Little early to be picking me up huh?

He asks while unloading his items and placing them on his workbench.