Chapter 16 - Get Back Home!

Even though their leader is sitting casually with the so-called "humans", the felines are still weary of them, even the wolves they are with, they weren't just going to be all friendly with them even if they helped their leader after falling into the river. They just met and are still hesitant about what the unknown individuals' goals are. Three felines in particular are talking about how they don't like having outside help from unknowns in these desperate times.

"I am not on board with these guys helping us, we can handle ourselves getting food", one grey bobcat says as he looks at two other cats. "I understand we are desperate enough to need help, but having outsiders we hardly know help us leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it's not the river water." He says as he smacks his lips tasting his mouth again after crossing the river. The three chuckle, then the mountain lion butts in.

"I agree with you there Takoda, we were fine until the hunger wave, life near the mountains got more difficult I guess." The mountain lion says with a sigh. "What I worry most is if they are tricking us, they look well enough to not need prey, so why are they out here?" He says as he thinks about his question. "What do you think of all of this Kohana?" He says as he looks over toward the Lynx, who is in thought on the mountain lion's question.

"I agree with you too Ohitekah, it just doesn't feel right to have outside help, we never had help, ever. We were always self-sufficient. We never relied on others, only ourselves. And having some random people of a race we don't know help us isn't right for our kind. I don't know what they are like, and they seem like good people, but I don't our kind to have anything to do with them." Said the Linx, as he glared at Jason from afar.

Jason at this time was having a deep conversation with Wesa, talking about their situation and why they were out there. "The only reason we are out here is to find food, we are struggling in the north," Wesa says as he takes a bite of his food. "My people are starving and we've been searching for either a place to live or just a good area to hunt in. I don't want unnecessary bloodshed between tribes." Wesa said as he looked at Jason, who was in thought.

Jason just stares blankly at the fire in front of them as he is in deep thought about what to do in their situation. He knows there is a game in this area, it's not that far from the wolves and his home. He wonders if Aponivi would allow newcomers to hunt or even live in nearby land. But, he's sure if he asks them, he'd let them hunt in the northern area of his territory, there is good game in this area, enough for everyone to share. He makes up his mind to ask Aponivi about the situation. The thing is, is that the cave is pretty far and it would take a few hours to get there by foot. Then, an Idea pops into his head. "Hey Kotori, mind if I ask you for a favor?" He says as Kotori looks up at Jason after taking a bite of his snack.

"Hm?" He says as he swallows his jerky. "What do you need Jason?" He says as Jason then asks him about allowing the Felines to hunt in this area, which he agrees would be fine but would have to ask his father, which he agrees on, which leads him to his next question.

"Can you turn into your wolf form and run back to the cave and ask him directly? If I were to go, it would take too long to get there, and I really want to help these people as soon as possible." He asks as Kotori nods in understanding. "Thank you Kotori, I'll make sure to make you an extra big steak when we get home." This got Kotori excited and transformed into his wolf form and began tapping his feet in excitement to get it done.

"Calm down Kotori, take your time, you can leave after Wesa agrees." He says as he looks at Wesa. "What do you think Wesa?" He says as Wesa stares at him in disbelief, surprised that this man he just met is willing to help his tribe in his dire situation.

Wesa just nods, "I am worried that he wouldn't allow us to, we just met and I'm sure the others aren't too keen on having outsiders help us." He says as he glances at the other members of his tribe, Jason does the same. "But, if you are so willing to help us, I can't in my right mind to refuse your offer," Wesa says as Jason nods, then nods to Kotori to make his way back.

Kotori then transforms into his wolf form as Jason explains what he needs him to persuade Aponivi to allow them to hunt in the North, he believes that he will allow them if only they stay in the North. He also believes since Kotori is likely to be the next Alpha of the tribe, Aponivi will be more willing to listen to Kotori.

Kotori just listens to Jason as he is in his wolf form, taking in every detail as he can, he knows this will only improve relations with this new tribe, if they were to ever be hostile, it would be bad for them in the long run, so helping in any way they can is crucial, and it's the right thing to do regardless.

After taking in said information, he sets off, although they walked far in human terms, it's nothing to a wolf, Kotori wants to do good for his tribe, which is why he took on the mission himself, he's glad Jason asked him to do this. It's funny to think that Jason is taking charge of handling this situation, even though he is meant to be the next Alpha. Kotori is for sure going to take notes on this.

=================================

Chapter 16 is complete, sorry it took so long, college is wrapping up for me (May 10th is graduation yay!) and projects are due, although im just helping a classmate, we want to get it done before the week after, and with only 1 spray booth to use, its pretty much just a waiting game and headaches. Anyways, since time is running out and im going to be busy, I wont be able to push out the rest of the chapters. I want to complete the story before the end of the summer then, I'll reupload the other stories for those interested and to try to motivate me to write more in them, and another story is brewing on the side, so be prepared for that. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I hope to see ya in the next one!