Chapter 3: Everyone's acting weird

"... It's time... for my judgment day..."

Riser muttered as he woke up from his sleep and dazedly stared at the ceiling. Remembering the cursed notebook that he lost yesterday before imagining how his family would look at him after they learned about it. Making him hit his head with his hand in response to ease up the anxiety and nervousness inside him.

"I don't feel like getting up..."

He said to himself before a maid suddenly opened the door and respectfully bowed her head at him. Making Riser glance at her direction with a lifeless look on his face.

'She must be here to drag me to my parents... shit... please just make it quick'

He thought before he saw the maid take out a red suit, white undershirt, and brown shoes. An attire that he commonly wore since this is what the Riser in the anime liked to wear. Making him look at the maid in confusion.

"It's almost time for breakfast, young master. Please get up and I'll help you dress yourself"

"... that's it?

Riser asked with a surprised look on his face, causing the maid to raise one of her eyebrows. Finding his reaction a bit confusing.

"Indeed, you have anything else scheduled for today, young master?"

"No... but I want to ask a question..."

"Ask away"

"Did you see a dirty old notebook on top of my drawer? Do you remember anyone cleaning my room and taking it?"

He asked, causing the maid to contemplate in response as she tried to remember what happened yesterday. Making her shake her head to the side in response.

"I don't remember any servants entering your room yesterday, young master. Is the notebook your looking for important to you? I'll gather the servants and starts searc-"

"No it's fine!! Y-You don't have to search for it. I-It's just an old notebook that I kept in the past. I planned to throw it away myself but it suddenly disappeared. I-It's nothing important so you don't have to gather the servants to look for it!"

He hurriedly said with a nervous look on his face. Making the maid look at him in suspicion. Feeling like he was hiding something important, but decided to let it slide. Remembering the large debt that she owes him based on the memories that she recollected last night. He was the young master that protected their them and the clan even when everything has already fallen to ruin under Issei's hand.

Remembering those memories made her clench her fist and frown, but held it back or else she might make her young master uncomfortable.

'The young master has suffered a lot... but we're happy now that you're making the most out of your life right now. Please just be happy in this life, young master...'

"I understand, young master. If you need any help with anything... please don't hesitate to seek us. No matter what it is. We'll try our best to fulfill it for you"

She said with her eyes closed, causing Riser to feel strange while looking at her. All because it felt like she was holding back something, causing him to narrow his eyes in suspicion.

'... did she read it and saw how pathetic I am? Is that why she suddenly said something like that? She threw it away to help me hide my shame... but she looked like she honestly didn't know the existence of the notebook... shit, I hope she really didn't know anything about that cursed notebook'

He thought before covering his face in embarrassment. Hoping that his guess was wrong or else he won't know how to face any of servants in this mansion anymore.