Chapter 6: Kiba's Memories

"... You've grown a lot stronger, Yumi"

A man with long golden hair tied in a ponytail commented while looking at Yumi. Wearing nothing but a pair of pants, shoes, and katanas that hanged from his waist. Revealing all of the scars in his body that showed the years of battle he has participated and suffered from.

"It's all thanks to you"

She said as she swung the demonic sword in her hand down on the ground. Wiping the sweat on her face before looking at the worn out man, Riser Phenex, with a grateful look on her face. Making Riser let out a sigh in response before he looked around the abandoned building that they used to shelter themselves for the last couple of months.

"... I'm a bit jealous... if only I had that kind of talent... I would've been able to protect them..."

He said as he stared at his own arms that was filled with calluses and scars. All from the extreme hard work and dedication that he put in to improve his swordsmanship. Making Yumi pause in response. Looking at the pitiful man that has been fighting for decades by himself to protect everyone he loved, and to rescue them from Issei's grasp. Just like her, who he managed to rescue a few months back, but lost one of his most powerful companions, Gabriel, in the process.

All due to his greed to rescue more of them after successfully saving her without a problem. Making him live the entire months they've been together with extreme regret and remorse due to the deaths of his ally. Even though he have already experienced this multiple times already. He couldn't still stomach the thought of losing the people he fought with for years in this never-ending battle.

"You're not weak, Riser... but your opponent is just far too strong"

She said, causing Riser to clench his fist in response. Closing his eyes before taking a deep breath to calm his emotions. All because he can't be too weak, especially since everyone is relying on him.

"I guess... that's true... what can I do against a guy that can create overpowered skills with just a thought. Even though I awakened my bloodline's true potential... it still lacks compared to him"

He said, causing Yumi to clench her fist on top of her chest in response. Not knowing how to comfort him since unlike her, who was under control and barely remembered everything, he was awake and saw everything turn into dust and rubble. From his family, friends, allies, and even his future wife, were all destroyed or robbed from him. Making her shake her head to the side before suddenly hugging his neck. Burying his face on her chest before she started to caress his hair to comfort him.

"..."

Silence spread among them as Riser begun to hug her by the waist. Silently releasing a portion of his pent up frustration, causing Yumi to feel a bit of pain in her chest. Seeing him struggle like this before she grabbed both of his cheeks and lifted it up to face her.

"Don't be sad... I know we can do this! We've been training for several months already, right!? I'm sure... we'll be able to make this nightmare end... and restore the world back"

She said, causing Riser to slightly smile in response. Making Yumi do the same. Smiling gently at his direction while they both embraced each other. Enjoying each other's comfort as they could only rely on each other for the past couple of months they've been together.

"... You're right... we can't just lose hope. I'm not alone since... I still have you with me"

He said before Yumi's face suddenly blushed. Making Riser tilt his head in confusion before she let go of him and turned around. Facing her back towards him while she held both of her cheeks. Clearly agitated from his last words since her feelings for him started to grow uncontrollably after spending months together.