chapter four

irreparable damage

"Do you really have go to this?"

Alexis frowned upon Josephine showing up in firefighter uniform when she emerged into the kitchen. The blond dropped her spoon in her acai bowl watching her best friend pouring herself coffee.

Josephine pursed her lips; eyes remain intact with the amount of coffee she poured into her mug. "It's an arbitration hearing. I won't be put on trial or anything." She and the rest of the members have been summoned for this hearing with their Fire Captain.

The blond scoffed, leaning back into the chair and folded her arms. "This is ridiculous."

An amused giggle slipped from Josephine. "That's what my abuelo said at dinner yesterday." She recalled the old Santiago man willing to do something despite being retired nor worked in the LAFD. However, he intends to find a way and is a respected man with connections. He did call Calvin who explained there was nothing he could do.

"How do you feel about this?"

Learning about Buck's lawsuit against the city, LAFD, and Bobby shocked Alexis while the news left bewildering expressions on the rest of the firefighters in the 118 Firehouse. According to Athena, buck did the honor to serve the papers to Bobby outside of their front door late at night. The couple assumed he came to make amends after their disastrous dinner. With this lawsuit, it put the LAFD and the city on edge if this blows over to the press. 

The brunette sighed into her drink, "All I want to do is go in there and get it over with." She dreaded for this hearing though had no other option. Like the others, it infuriated her that Buck would have the audacity to hurt them when all they've done is support him through his recovery. More to the fact that he proclaimed he was wrongfully terminated by Bobby. 

"If his attorney is like Annalise Keating then you should be prepared." Alexis shared a mindful suggestion. 

"Buck wants his job back not a way to get out a life sentence for a crime he did. I think I'll be okay." Josephine sarcastically replied.

Alexis pouted at her. "We were supposed to go to the music festival today."

Her remark caused Josephine to sigh again as the arbitration hearing clashed with the music festival happening. They were driving out with a group of friends which was supposed to be a great weekend for them. Josephine even packed her bags for the Airbnb now filled with wasted outfits.

"Then go have fun for me."