chapter fifteen

oh dam

oh dam

Inside the empty penthouse burst open by Josephine who returned after her morning jog. She removed her mask and toss it to the side along with her keys. Before making her way towards the kitchen, she slipped out of her running shoes. Ever since the widespread of the virus, the penthouse became lonelier than usual due to Alexis residing at a hotel with many medical staff. However, Josephine didn't mind as she continued to work out on the field and would rather not potentially endanger her best friend as well.

After refreshing with a cool sip of water, Josephine headed for the shower to prepare for another day of the abnormal life to which she and the rest of the world have been experiencing in these last several months.

Josephine sat at the countertop once producing an acai bowl and a cup of coffee. She scooped up for a bite when her phone started ringing of an incoming Facetime call from Carlos. She happily accepted the call and propped her phone that unveiled her cousin in his kitchen cooking.

"Good morning, I see we're cooking a big breakfast."

"TK is swinging by for breakfast before shift." He told, laying out two plates for himself and his boyfriend.

"Aren't you two adorable with your daily breakfast gatherings. Wished we weren't in different states because the company would definitely be nice."

Carlos finished prepping their meals on the plates. He glanced up at his phone. "Alexis still living in the hotel?"

"Yeah, kind of been missing her more lately." Josephine slightly frowned, resting her hand against the palm of her cheek and twirling her spoon in the acai bowl. Fortunate to live in a penthouse, sometimes it felt a little too big of a space.

"What about Buck? He doesn't stay over here and there with you?"

"He does but not too long because of Chimney. He's still sleeping on his couch at his apartment. Our alone time is limited."

"Why don't you tell Chimney that you two are together?" Carlos wondered.

"Because Chimney is incapable of keeping a secret and we work with him. We're not exactly prepared to tell the team...yet. Besides, you and Alexis are the only ones that know about us." Josephine omitted to him. Buck has been coming up with excuses to Chimney about his outings which were kind of getting harder. Now that he and Maddie were instigating that he has a secret girlfriend.

They weren't wrong.

"When exactly are you prepared to tell them?"

Josephine raised her brow, "The team or everyone?"

"The latter." TK popped up from behind his boyfriend. He grimaced, "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop."

She suppressed a giggle, greeting him. "Hi TK."