chapter twenty

a jinx or a curse 

A hand brushed back the sleeping figure's hair past their bare shoulder. Next a soft kiss on the temple. Another one on the cheek. Soon a relaxed smile graced the sleeping figure's lips in return by the touch.

"Babe."

No response.

"Babe."

Again, no response.

"I know you can hear me."

After receiving nothing, he reached for a coffee cup on the tray sitting on top of the nightstand.

"I got you coffee."

Victory at last when a pair of eyes shot open. Josephine saw Buck at her bedside holding her drink that he stated to have in his grasp. He didn't lie once she spotted it. She straightened herself on the bed and accepted the morning refresher from him.

He smirked at his girlfriend. "Knew that'll get you up." Josephine sent him an eye roll and sipped her drink.

"What time is it?"

"Don't worry, we have enough time to eat this delicious breakfast I bought and get ready for shift." Buck lessened her worries about the timeframe. "I got up extra early to grab my stuff at my apartment for work."

"You didn't have to sleepover if it was going to be a hassle for you in the morning."

Buck hummed in disagreement, "It wasn't a hassle. Besides, I like waking up to this beautiful face." He attempted to use his finger to pull underneath Josephine's chin for a kiss.

However, she moved swiftly before his lips could collide into hers.

"I have morning breath."

"I could care less."

She thrusted her coffee into his hands. "Unfortunately, I care." She threw the comforter from her body and strolled into the bathroom.

Buck was in the kitchen laying out their meals from the takeout containers. Josephine arrived in the room, paving her way towards her boyfriend. His body was already facing her by the time she approached him. Her hand slid to the back of his neck, bringing his head down for a short blissful kiss to start their morning.

"Happy?"

"Ecstatic."

"Since you met Buck's parents, is he going to meet your family anytime soon?"

Hen inquired to Josephine on the apparatus floor. They were walking around with Chimney who was chomping on his apple.