Dance Competition

(POV:Reader)

I turned to tio Bruno, his voice was always recognizable as it had a certain tone, different from the others.

-"How do you suppose I do that?" I asked, whipping my tears away.

-"I don't know, but we'll figure it out" he sat next to me.

-"Your small talks were always helpful" I told him, since I had come to the house, tio Bruno had always helped me whenever I needed him, even when he had 'left'.

-"I wish you could stay with us, be here instead of hiding"

-"You know I can't, everyone thinks I'm bad luck, I'm better off hiding" he sighed.

-"I don't, and I'm sure everyone misses you"

-"I'll see you later, go back inside, everyone will start to wonder where you went"

-"Also, don't listen to what my sister said, she's just a bit...frustrated"

-"Yeah, sure..." I sighed and got up giving him a hug before waving goodbye.

-Back to the Party-

(POV:Reader)

The music still blasted loudly as if it wasn't past midnight, but I guess I should be used to it, it's happened more than once. I made my way to the center, where my fam-...the madrigales where found. Abuela was off to the side leaning against the piano as tio Agustin played a lively melody with the other musicians.

-"Hola abuela, tired?" I asked, to which she nodded.

-"I think we should start to wrap it up, although Pepa and Felix don't look like they want to do that any time soon" I told her as she turned to the direction I was facing. And there, tio Felix and tia Pepa were dancing in pairs along with others.

-"I think we should announce a competition, and see where it goes," she suggested.

-"A dance competition?!" I thought back to the last time we had a dance competition at Antonio's fourth birthday, and it hadn't ended too well.

Tio Felix and tia Pepa were paired and were very, very competitive. And they were up against tia Julieta and tio Agustin, Antonio and Mirabel (who had decided to dance together), Isabella and Dolores and Camilo and I. Luisa dislikes dancing, so she played music, after some long intense lessons from tio Agustin.

It was a very, very long night, the last ones standing were Mirabel and Antonio, although it was probably due to the fact that they weren't putting in as much effort as the rest of us. That night we had all collapsed into our beds and didn't eat breakfast till one in the afternoon. Except abuela and Luisa, who had fun laughing at all our tired expressions.

-"You just want a good laugh, don't you?" I hummed, giving her a look.

-"Alright everyone! In honor of Antonio's special gift we will have a dance competition! Last one's standing will get a special prize!" whispers followed soon after she spoke, people paired up and walked to the center of the room.

-"Senorita?" I turned around and Camilo was standing behind me, his hand held out for me to take.

-"Let's hope we can win this time" I took his hand and we made our way to the center.

-"Everyone ready?" people's cheers answered abuela's question, she clapped her hands letting the musicians know that they could begin.

The music was wonderful, it flowed freely through the air. That's the best thing about Colombian music, the way the rhythm freely passes but has a blast of musical symphony and a variety of sounds. The way it comes together and attracts people to dance.

(A/N):

I have to edit this chapter still but I'm a bit busy so I just wanted to post it and I'll take care of editing tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!