Puzzle Pieces

(POV:Reader)

We walked forward and found a large border entrance made of stone. The light coming from the outside only illuminated the beginning of the path and the rest was left in darkness. The toucan had also joined us once again.

-"Come on" I told the two of them.

The path was very dimly lit, there were some designs and patterns engraved onto the walls with green chunks of something shining brightly. If I weren't so terrified I'd say they look beautiful. The sound of something falling onto the ground startled me and I turned to Mirabel and the toucan who just looked over at the rats that ran towards the wall. Why are they here? They usually stay in tio Bruno's other room, I'll ask him later.

-"Let's hurry, and be careful" she nodded while the toucan trembled.

A door opened. I walked forward towards it and turned to Mirabel as she yelled 'Quitter!' at the toucan who had left. We walked in, the last bit of light leaving us when the door slammed open.

-"It's okay, I just remembered something" I conjured a small flame in my palm, which illuminated the room nicely. Although there wasn't much to see, only plain walls.

-"Look" she pointed at these green pieces of vision that seeped through the sand. I had seen them only once, the one tio Bruno showed me of when he found out I was coming.

-"Let's take them, they'll help" I picked some with my free hand while the other kept the flame in place.

As Mirabel connected some of the pieces the walls began to crack. And Mirabel hadn't noticed until they began to make sounds as they fell and cracked even more.

-"Hurry! Get the rest of the pieces, I'll try to open the door!" she nodded and I ran to the door pushing it as much as I could until I noticed the handle.

By now, sand was falling from the walls, filling the room faster and faster as the seconds passed. Fortunately, Mirabel had finished and we rushed out. I also remembered I had a gift and I made a slide out of stone. I often forgot I had a gift when I was with Mirabel since she didn't use one and she managed just fine. We slammed tio Bruno's door shut and rushed down the stairs.

-"Ow!" Mirabel had bumped into abuela.

-"Where are you coming from in such a hurry?" she asked her.

-"I'm sorry, I was..."

-"She was running from me, we were playing a game" I told her.

-"Why are you covered in sand? And why is your hair red?" she touched Mirabel's hair, taking some of the sand off.

-"I was playing hide and seek with her and she kept cheating so I threw ummm...sand at her?" I know this wasn't my best cover up, but it was all we had.

-"Mirabel, you know better than distracting Y/n from her chores! And Y/n, you were blessed with a gift, use it to help the community!"

-"My gift!" Luisa's cries were heard as she walked up the stairs.

-"I'm losing my gift!" she sobbed.

-"What?!" we all asked.

-"Mirabel and I were having this little talk about too much pressure and me carrying too much...So I tried not to carry too much and..."

-"I started to get behind on my chores and I knew I was gonna let everyone down so I grabbed all the donkey's to put them in the barn and they...they w-were too heavy!!" she cried out and ran to her room slamming the door shut.

-"What did you do? What did you say to her?" abuela asked, her voice slowly rising.

-"I-I don't know" Mirabel told her.

-"Mirab-" abuela was cut off from the church bells ringing.

-"I...I have to go pick up the Guzman's for Isabella's engagement...stay away from Luisa. And Y/n make sure she doesn't do anything" I nodded and Abuela walked away.

-"I'm sure you were just trying to help," I offered, to which she replied with a sad smile.

-"Come on, we have a puzzle to figure out!" I pulled her to the 'nursery'.

(A/N):

Sorry I haven't updated, my parents took us on one last beach/camping trip before school.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'll post double tomorrow since I haven't done so.

Bye!