There's A Ghost Out There

Jonathan

I heard a gunshot, and none of the men that were attacking us fell. I tried to look back but the men were throwing punches which I dodge with ease. I threw another winning punch and the guy went down.

"Midnight? Midnight!" I heard Aaron say.

"What's going on!" I shouted.

I saw Ashley trying to get free from the attackers.

"Ashley!" I called out her name.

I suddenly saw one of the men inject something into her. She stopped struggling and closed her eyes.

"Ash-" I got punched in the face and the lights went out.

"Jonathan? Midnight?" I heard sobbing, "They aren't waking up Aaron! Midnight! Johnny! Anything!"

I groaned in response.

"Oh god Jonathan!"

"Where's Ashley?" I said my eyes opening.

I saw Daniela shaking her head and crying into Aaron's chest.

"What the fuck happened? Where's Midnight?" I said and looked around. She was passed out and not moving on the ground to the other side of them. There's was something tied around her upper thigh that was soaked with blood.

She was shot.

That shot I heard...

"Is she..."

"She's alive" Aaron said.

"But she hasn't moved or anything in a while! What if she's really hurt? What if they poisoned the bullet? What if her shot got infected? What if it’s spreading through her body and destroying her cells? What if she's dying as we speak? What if she’s already dead?" Daniela ranted and looked up from Aaron's chest.

"I'm okay" we all heard Midnight who gasped.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Daniela said getting out of Aaron's arms and going to Midnights side.

Midnight

"Define okay" I said.

The pain in my thigh was so great I felt like I was about to pass out.

 I gasped as I tried to sit up.

Damn.

"We need to get to town or something. How far back was that station we last stopped at?" Aaron asked.

"Really far about two days on foot" Jonathan said and cursed.

"Are you okay?" I said alarmed.

"Yes, but you're not. You got shot. Daniela, Aaron, did you take the bullet out?" He replied and turned to them.

"Yeah and Daniela almost puked."

"Ugh don't remind me!"

"Well it hurts like hell. Could one of you help me up? I don't like sitting on sand" I said and they both came to my side. They put one of my arms around their shoulder; my left around Jonathan’s and my right around Aaron’s.

“Thanks guys” I said with a groan of pain.

“Okay so what’s the plan? Do we walk for two days back under the hot desert sun or what?” Daniela said running her hand through her hair.

“Gosh, if I try to walk, I will die from pain” I said through my teeth.

“We have to walk the direction and pray there’s a city or something up ahead” Aaron said.