It's Weird I'm Not Dead Yet

The bullet passed my face.

While Avery was in shock from the bullet that past right in between us, I took the gun away from her and shoot her arm. She cried out in pain.

"Midnight!" I heard Jonathan yelled while someone tackled me to the ground.

A dozen of bullets flew past me.

"Thanks" I said to Jonathan.

I saw Daniela roll over behind a barrel, and Jonathan and I did the same. There were bullets flying everywhere and we had no weapon besides the gun I held in my hand.

"Dang it!"        

"Don't you mean bang it?" said a voice from behind Johnny and I.

We both turned around to see a guy pointing two guns at both our heads. I gave the guy my best you-got-to-be-kidding-me face. Before I could get my gun to shoot, there was a gun shot and the guy fell to the floor.

"Don't even dare to kill my daughter" my mom said.

"Mom!"

"Mad-Midnight" she acknowledged me, "Catch Johnny boy."

Jonathan caught the gun, but stared at my mom in surprise.

"What's wrong boy? Cat caught your tongue? Get up a protect your sister" she said.

"Mom, you knew about that?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, and right now there is no time for more question. Lets end it here" she started shooting at the direction the bullets were coming from. She handed us another gun each and gave me two extra for Daniela.

"Try getting those to Daniela" she said, "I'll cover you."

I nodded and ran towards where Daniela was.

"Are you still hallucinating?" Jonathan asked her.

She shook her head.

"Good"

I handed her the guns and we joined the fight.

I could barely see where they were, but I still saw them. I managed to shoot three guys and Jonathan managed two.

"There's too many everywhere" Daniela said, "By the way... where did you get these guns?"

"Her mom" Jonathan said and managed to shoot down another guy.

"Wait, your mom is here?"

"Yes Daniela! Don't worry about that, worry about your life right now and shoot!" I said a bit annoyed. We shoot down a total of ten guys by the time they started using small bombs. They there one at us and we all jumped out of the way.

"Well that's not fair" Daniela said with a groan as she got up.

"What's fair when it comes to Them?" I said sarcastically.

"Absolutely... nothing" Jonathan said and suddenly collapsed.

"Jonathan!" Dan and I screamed.

"It's okay guys, it's just a gun shoot" he said. There was a blood started to stain his stomach and puddle under him.

"No Johnny!" I said and applied pressure on his wound.

"Remember what... your mom told you? I'm one of... them, don't worry... Daniela... isn't one" he whispered so only I could hear and tried catching his breath, "You have to go on... and fight. They are... wrong and they... need someone who can make them... see that. You're that... person Madeline, go... get... them..."