We Have To Laugh Sometimes

Follow the Boyle Brothers @BoyleBrothers on Twitter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder

"Did you really burn the popcorn? I thought you would be more careful after what happened at the club" I said opening the windows so the smoke would air out.

"Oh shut up Ryder" she said.

"Let's go into town" Johnny said walking in.

"Yeah let's go into town and see if we find a person who wants to explode us into bits again" I said with sarcasm.

"Oh come on that was like a week ago!"

"Two days ago" Midnight corrected.

"Whatever! Come on don't you want to buy food or something?"

"The cabinets are over filled" she said.

"Movies?"

"We got the ones that are in the movie theaters" I said.

"Clothes?"

"Jonathan, we got everything we need in here" Midnight said, "If you want to go out then go. But, be careful. If you get home and have cuts and bruises, I will beat you up personally."

"Okay mom" he said and left.

"Let's go watch a movie" Aaron asked walking in.

"Yeah, but no popcorn" I said with a laugh.

Midnight hit me.

We walked towards the "fun section" of the house. I jumped on the couch that was in front of the large movie-theater-like screen.

"Sure instead of popcorn let's eat candy" she said.

"Um... okay let's go with popcorn"

"What should we watch?"

"What are y'all going to watch?" Daniela said walking in the room with a bowl of trail mix with mostly candy in it, "By the way who burned the popcorn and who was at the door earlier?"

"The popcorn incident would be her" I said pointing at Midnight.

"The Boyle Brothers came by to say thanks" Midnight said hitting me again.

"Man and I missed that? I have to wake up earlier now days"

"Yeah because sleeping all day is so much excitement, it's like you're going to find something out in a dream" I said with sarcasm.

"Actually in some cases you can get answers from dreams" Midnight said.

I rolled my eyes and she hit me again.

"Okay I'm going to play a movie I bet none of you have ever seen or heard in your life" she said.

"Midnight in Bright Light?" I joked.

"One more joke out of you and I'm going to hurt you real bad" she threatened.

She put a DVD in and it started playing the commercials which I hated. Soon it played the actual movie and we all watched it in silence. It was called Lake House, Midnight was right I haven't heard of it.

"What's today" Aaron suddenly said during the movie.

"21st?" Daniela said.

"Two more days till you guys birthday right?" I asked.

"Did you really have to bring that up?" Midnight said annoyed.

"It's a special day! You're turning what 18?" Daniela said.