Good Beginning To The Horrible Ending

Ryder pulled up in the drive way of our house.

"What are we doing here? I thought we were going to the park for the rest of the day?" I said with a frown.

"We were, but-"

He was cut off by the door opening and Dan pulling me out of the car.

"How dare you leave and skip my surprise party for you!" Ashley said slapping my shoulder.

"How was it? Did you have fun?" Daniela said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Girls! One question at a time!" I said blushing like a red tomato slash idiot.

"Okay fine, but mine first! Midnight... Did. You. Have. FUN?" Danny asked with her lips puckered and her eyes wide.

"Yes..." I said still blushing.

"OMG GIRL!" she said jumping up and down.

"Okay now it's my turn" Ashley said moving Daniela out of the way, "WHY DID YOU DITCH ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND LEFT WITH HIM!" She pointed at poor Ryder that was standing there like a deer in front of a cars headlight.

"Hey... I told you that I didn't want to have a party, and specially surprise parties" I said.

"But... this was the first time you were with us and, and, oh whatever" she said narrowing her eyes and giving up.

"Hey baby sister!" Aaron said walking out and attacking me with a bear hug.

"Hey! How do you know I'm not older than you!" I said.

"Exactly so let's just keep it so I'm older than you."

"Hmm, fine... just because it's our birthday. And Aaron?"

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can you let me go before I get my gun and shoot you with it?" I joked.

"Oh, ha ha okay" he let me go.

"Well, we would like to stay, but this girl's night," Ryder said pointing at me, "is still not over."

He grabbed me and hugged me from behind.

"WAIT!" Daniela yelled making me jump, "Stay there and don't move." She ran inside, leaving the door wide open, then she came back with a medium size box in her hands.

She handed it to me and grinned.

"Come on, you shouldn't have!" I said.

"Actually it wasn't just me, it was a group effort... well all except the bugger you ditched us for" she said.

"Happy Birthday Midnight!" they said together.

"Have I told you how much I love you guys?" I said about to burst into tears.

"We know you love us a bunch, but open the box!" Jonathan said appearing out of nowhere.

I rolled my eyes and opened the box; there was a charmed bracelet with four charms on it. There was a painting, an owl feather, a music note, and a pen charm with a diamond in the center if each charmed. It was beautiful! I slipped it on my wrist.

"Thank you so much! I love you guys!" I said giving each of them a hug.

"Come on Midnight, we got one more stop to stop at before your birthday is over" Ryder whispered into my ear.

"Okay," I said with a smile, "Bye guys see y'all later!"

We walked to the park.

"How's your day been?" he asked me.