Not Quitting (Epilogue)

Ryder

I was standing in the back of the room with an invisible wall that separated me from the people in front of me. I tried pounding the wall to get to her.

"So what are you going to do if you ever see your friends again" said the man.

I couldn't see his face, but he was tall and build.

"Screw... you" she spoke while trying to catch her breath.

"Fine I guess you need a little more convincing to do" the man said and took out a switchblade out of his back pocket. She glared at the man and said nothing as he showed her the sharp blade. With a quick movement, he thrusted the knife into her thigh. She screamed in pain.

"Midnight!" I yelled and kept pounding on the wall.

"Ryder! Help me please!" she screamed but didn't look at me.

"Midnight, I'm here!" I screamed at her.

I needed to get to her, I need to stop her pain, I need to help her! I pounded the wall but nothing would happen to it and nothing will.

More blood was coming out of her wound and soon it will the whole room. Her blood reached me, but she still screamed in pain. With the passing seconds I felt like I was breaking.

The man pulled out the knife and Midnight stopped screaming and let her head fall down.

"Midnight!" I screamed.

The man untied her.

"What are you going to do if you ever see your friends again?"

He gave her a gun.

Midnight's hand gripped the gun in her hands. She stood up still looking down with her head down. She raised the gun and pointed it at me.

"Midnight! What are you doing?" I yelled pounding on the invisible wall.

She pulled the trigger.

I woke up covered in sweat. My fist hurt from clutching them in my sleep and my heart was pounding. I've had that same nightmare for a while and each time I died by the hands of the person I love the most.

I sighed and got up from bed.

"Morning big brother!" my little sister said running into the run and hugging my legs.

Ever since I got back home, my sister has been hugging me each morning I got up from bed. The week I got back, my family,though I was a ghost and it was a hell of a time explaining them my explanation. It was a huge lie, but they accepted it in a heart beat.

"Eww your all sweaty again!" she said and made a face.

"Well kiddo stop hugging me after I barely get up from bed!" I said messing her already messy hair.

"But if I don't, you'll disappear again!" she said and I could tell she was about to cry.

I picked her up and threw her in the air to make her giggle. She smiled when I carried her to the kitchen. I placed her on the high chair in the kitchen.

"You know your going to grow up and leave here right?" I told her as I hunted down food for our breakfast. I didn't know how to cook, so I settled down with some cereal. I placed two cereal bowls on the table and poured our cereal.

"No I don't wanna grow up! Growing up means being grumpy all the time" she said with a pout.

"No it doesn't" I touched her small nose and poured the milk.