Almost-Boy

No, this is not a follow-up to my one-shot, 'im pretty sure that you are that love of mine', both of these are stand-alone!

Following this statement in the notes is the term and definition for sexuality or gender. There will also be one in the end notes. I will do this for every pride fanfiction this month.
Check it out, maybe you'll learn something new!
Happy Pride <3

---

Demigender

Demigender is a gender identity that refers to someone who experiences partial, but not full, connection to a specific gender identity and/or the concept of gender.
Demigender is an umbrella term that covers both demiboy and demigirl.
Demiboy refers to someone who partially identifies as a man and demigirl refers to someone who partially identifies as a woman.

---

"Cool?"

"Cool."

Tommy and Tubbo have a sleepover specifically to learn more about gender identities and such so they could better understand Ranboo, who recently came out as non-binary. In doing so, Tubbo ended up discovering something about himself, and Tommy is also there.

---

Tubbo and Tommy sat on the latters bed, his laptop opened, illuminating their faces in his dark moon, being the only light besides the moon shining through slightly opened curtains. "Wait- what's the difference between sex and gender?"

"You said sex-" Tommy snorted, receiving a light hearted glare from Tubbo.

It was a Friday night and they were having a sleepover at Tommy's. The purpose of this sleepover was not to play around, and they made that very clear when Tommy almost started a food fight because Wilbur scoffed when he said they were responsible enough to not burn down the house. Nobody is really even sure how they got to that topic.

The purpose of this sleepover is to educate themselves. Specifically on the LGBTQ+ community. Specifically gender identities.

See, the other day, their good friend Ranboo came out to them as non-binary. They fully accepted him and tried their best to understand his explanation but they struggled to fully comprehend it. To compensate, they decided they'd have a sleepover behind his back and dedicate their time to researching it so they could better understand they're best friend.

It's been about half an hour since they actually sat down and tried looking for answers and they haven't gotten anywhere. With Tommy not reading anything properly, having too much fun making everything a joke and Tubbo not being able to read they made for a pretty pathetic pair when it came to studying. Even though he knows Tommy's just having fun, Tubbo couldn't help but be annoyed at his friends' constant jokes. He really wanted to learn about this stuff, but when he tried to read it too many of the letters were mixed together, like they were switching places and swarming just to mess with him.

"Tommy, can you please take this a bit more seriously?", Tubbo groaned, "I would actually like to learn about this."

"Well why don't you just read it yourself then?" After Tommy said that they stared at each other for a good five seconds, Tubbo let him process what he just proposed. When he did, Tommy snorted, trying not to laugh as Tubbo's exasperated expression. He squeaked out a meek, "Sorryy".

Tubbo threw his head back, "Please, just read the stupid article."

"Right!" Tommy refocused his attention, averting his gaze back to the computer screen.

He scrolled past the website's introduction and went straight to the section subtitled 'Gender Identities & Expression'. He began reading off the introduction paragraph, speeding past the formalities, "This is under the sun-subtitle 'Gender Identity'. Just so you know," Tubbo nodded in confirmation and Tommy read out the words on the screen.