You have an abnormally high IQ? That's hot.

Dream is sapiosexual in this fic, but it's not explicitly stated. Just note that that is a contributing factor.

Following this statement in the notes is the term and definition for sexuality or gender. There will also be one in the end notes. I will do this for every pride fanfiction this month.
Check it out, maybe you'll learn something new!
Happy Pride <3

---

Sapiosexual

Sapiosexual refers to people who are sexually attracted to highly intelligent people. Somebody who is sapiosexual consider intelligence to be the most important trait in a partner.

---

"You shouldn't joke like that. It's not funny, you know."

"I wasn't joking," Dream said, barely loud enough to hear, as he tilted his head, "I really do like you."

Dream confesses to Fundy on a study 'date'.

---

Dream's been failing his psychology class.
To be fair, he has much more important things to be worrying about. Mostly his other classes.
To be fair (again), he didn't think it would be this hard.

Luckily for him, a little red-head was more than happy to help him with studying. Dream didn't mind falling behind slightly if he meant he got to study with a cute ginger everyday.

He noticed Fundy staring at him, that's what sparked up the first conversation. It was awkward, sure, but they hit it off pretty quickly. Fundy has since asked him out numerous times, proposing a movie date to see Treasure Planet. Dream usually brushed it off as a joke and rejected him. Regardless, Fundy still pushed.

Fundy's cute, albeit a touch... strange. He's sweet and has good intentions, but god he's awkward as hell. Dream doesn't mind, but the constant flirting, while adorable, is- slightly- annoying. He'd feel bad saying anything though.

Dream, surprisingly enough, was the one who suggested a study 'date'. It was a compromise.

See, Dream asked Fundy for tutoring, and Fundy said he'd do it if Dream agreed to go see Treasure Planet with him like he'd been asking for months now. Dream said he wouldn't go to the movies with him, but he would set up a little study date. It was mostly just studying, just with the date title added to the end.

It didn't really change their dynamic at all, but Fundy always lit up when Dream asked to schedule another little date. Dream found it endearing. And, maybe, he was enjoying their dates a little more than he would a normal tutor session. What can he say? Fundy makes for good company.

It took a little bit for him to realize- and even longer to admit- but at some point along the road, Dream fell in love. It wasn't like a normal crush, it felt like more. Maybe he was being dramatic, maybe he didn't fully understand what he was feeling, but he knew he wanted to be more than what they currently were.
And Dream was pretty confident Fundy felt the same way.

Dream decided he was going to tell Fundy on one of their study dates. In all actuality, it was more of a 'spur of the moment' decision. He was just staring at the boy's face as he explained human psychology and kind of just blurted out what he was thinking. Which just so happened to be; "I really like you."

Dream, despite putting on a calm front, was losing his absolute shit. Here he was, sitting on the floor of his own room and trying to resist the ever-growing urge to jump out of his second-story window. Fundy was probably redder than him, frozen in a comical manner, his mouth gaping slightly.

It took maybe about thirty seconds for Fundy to fully process Dream's words. When he did, he scratched his cheek and said, .."What?"

Dream chuckled slightly, holding his forehead in his hand as he burst into a fit of airy laughter. He felt his face warm up, and despite how hard he tried to fight it, a goofy grin was sneaking its way into his expression. He looked up at Fundy, who was already defensively throwing his arms around, covering his mouth to try and hide the stupid smile on his face.

"Hey! What- What are you laughing at?!" He stuttered, his face still bright red, "You can't just... throw something like that on me!"

Dream laughed harder, trying to conceal it behind his hand. "Sorry! Sorry-"

Fundy aimed a pencil at Dream, grinning proudly when it hit its mark before faltering immediately after when Dream clutched his sides in laughter. He scoffed, rolling his eyes when Dream put his hands up in surrender.

"You shouldn't joke like that. It's not funny, you know." Fundy huffed, crossing his arms and looking away. Dream's laughter died down, he was breathing a bit heavy and his face softened slightly, smile still present on his features.

"I wasn't joking," Dream said, barely loud enough to hear, as he tilted his head, "I really do like you."

Fundy's posture stiffened slightly and he hesitantly looked back at Dream, ..."Really?", he asked, still not believing it. Which, considering how many times Dream's already rejected him, is completely fair.

"Yes. Yes 'really'." Dream rolled his eyes with a fond chuckle.

Fundy averted his eyes and mumbled, "I like you too." His face lit up a brilliant red, so bright, infact, you could mistake him for a ripe strawberry.

"Yeah, I kinda figured." Dream smirked, earning another pencil aimed at his face and an even more flustered Fundy.

They sat in silence for a few seconds, neither of them knowing how to move forward from here. Dream anxiously rubbed the back of his neck and Fundy played with the zipper of his jacket, his beet red cheeks having cooled down to a 'modest' bubblegum. Still bright and hilariously endearing.

"So..." Fundy began, meeting Dream's eyes as he continued, "Treasure Planet?"

"Sure." Dream laughed, "Treasure Planet."

---

Epicene

Epicene is having characteristics of both sexes or having no characteristics of either sex.