Chapter 2: The Bad and The Worse

"Soldiers follow orders. Regardless. The moment you refuse to carry out an order, you're no longer a soldier. You're just a paid killer trying to renegotiate your contract."

- Richard K. Morgan

---------------------------------------------------------

HMNB Devonport, Plymouth, Royal United Kingdoms
April 25th, 1942
1838 hours

"AH!" I shrieked after hearing my voice sitting up. 'Did...I just speak...no that's impossible I'm a ship, wait...' I proceeded to look at myself, I had human hands and a human body when I felt my face, I felt my face. When I look at my clothes, I realized it wasn't an SCPF Naval Forces uniform or tactical combat uniform, I was in a Royal Navy uniform. Just then, I remembered what happened, after I got pulled in SCP-1823 with the Persistence, Spear, and Redemption while trying to pacify 4217, everything went black. I was alone in the darkness, yet I heard faint voices but I couldn't tell where it was coming from but I kept trying to find it but now...I'm here.

I touched my body from head to toe to check I'm not hallucinating, it wasn't a dream but...something felt weird. 'Why does my upper chest feel so soft I decided to press on it then I realized what I was touching...my breasts, I immediately blushed up and then dismissed my lewd thoughts. 'Come to of it, what size is it? Wait no, Pentagon you need to stop thinking about that and get serious, but might as well check then stop' I proceeded to unbuckle my upper buttons on the uniform now look at the bra I was wearing, it was a sports bra. 'Thank god it's not something absurd, onto my size then' I pushed the sports bra out looking at them, 'My best guess would be it's a 34C, now that's out of my mind, I need to find out where I am.'

(I need bleach after doing that absurd research, I am never asking him for a suggestion ever again. And no, it is not her armor, her armor is way stronger but I'm not giving her giant busts so she can break her back)

I still had one problem thou, where the hell am I? After looking around, I saw my officer's hat next to me on my right sitting on a table. The appearance of the hospital bed looked old, most likely a style from the 1900s to the 1950s so I'm probably somewhere around that area. When I looked up, I saw that there was a clock, it was 6:39 but I couldn't tell if it was PM or AM, I can't see the light outside. Just then a nurse ran over to me looking concerned.

"I heard screaming are you alright?!" She yelled in concern.

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern, I was just startled by my environment" I replied assuring her. Truth is I wasn't startled by my environment, I had no idea why I was in a human body but I can't say out loud, if I did I would sound insane.

"That's good, I thought something terrible happened" The nurse sighed in relief after I assured her. Sadly there's no one else around for now from the looks of it, I'm the only one in the infirmary so I guess I'll have to ask her.

"Pardon me but when I fell unconscious, I forgot some things so may I know what year is it?" I asked in a calm tone, it sounds pretty convincing since you find yourself in a hospital bed after going completely dark for a few hours. Worst case scenario, she will question me about it but I doubt she will.

"Oh, well it's nineteen forty-two, April twenty-fifth to be precise" The Nurse responded giving me a friendly smile, at least she seems kind...on the outside.

Just then it hit me, 'If nineteen forty-two and it's April...CRAP THAT MEANS THE BATTLE OF MIDWAY IS A FOURTY DAYS AWAY AND THE ALLIES OR WHATEVER IT IS HERE MAY LOSE CAUSE THIS IS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE' I was in a complete panic as thoughts ran through my mind, what the cause of the war in this time the same reason, is there even a war and more over 'WHERE IS 4217 RIGHT NOW, HOPEFULLY, THEY DIDN'T FIND S.A.L OR TAKE IT CAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN SAVE THIS WORLD FOR FACING A FOE THEY NEVER SAW COMING' I took a deep breath letting my thoughts run dry as I had to think more of what was happening right now, how am I gonna get this nation to help me but from the sound of the voice...she sounds British so I must be somewhere in Britain.