Chapter 5: A Saint?

"She's hiding her true intentions Ontario, don't let your guard down"

- HMS Uganda aka HMCS Quebec

---------------------------------------------------------

HMC Dockyard Halifax, Nova Scotia, Maple Monarchy
May 4th, 1942
0823 hours

"Uh- well...I...um..." Ontario hesitated in giving a response, she was having a mini-stroke.

"Just call us Ontario and Quebec...ma'am" Quebec replied in the place of Ontario but hissed at the end of her statement.

It was clear that Quebec had heavy distrust against Pentagon or in their case, Black Prince. The situation could escalate quickly if one of them did a wrong move but, the storm would pass, for now.

"Very well then Miss Ontario and Miss Quebec, I think we both have business to attend to as I recall?" Pentagon replied as she stopped tilting her head.

Quebec gave another nudge to Ontario who became functional once again. "Y-yes Admiral!" She gave a quick salute with Pentagon returning it. The situation seemed to be getting direr for them sadly, they managed to stop the hole from going deeper but now they need to climb themselves out of the hole.

Dropping their salutes, Quebec spoke up "Shall we get going?" Giving a straight look as she tried to avoid making the situation worse despite the blood brewing in her blood right now. Ontario turned early ready to begin the tour but then.

"Yes but, may I ask a question first? If it's ok with you two since it may be quite personal" Pentagon said, this caused Ontario to tense up and turned around with Quebec keeping a dead look as she hasn't moved one bit.

Ontario was getting the wrong idea for the question she was gonna ask, she had a feeling it was her 'love life' and she could not be more wrong right now. She didn't want to reveal she was rejected when she confessed her love to the Commander. "W-what is t-the q-q-question Admiral?" She stuttered slowly turning with fear in her eyes.

For anyone wondering about what Quebec thinks, here you go 'Ontario, we're not gonna go into your room. No one wants to see your body pillow of Fletcher.' (Fletcher is the Maple Monarchy Commander at HMC Dockyard Halifax)

"Is there a reason why you don't want me to call you by your real names?" Pentagon asked, this caught both shipgirls off-guard. Ontario as we all know thought it was a personal love life question that she would be way too embarrassed about if she had to say something. Quebec thought it would be a personal question that's work related but instead, it's very personal for her.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Ontario spoke up to answer Pentagon's question "Oh; well it's because-" Just before she could say her answer, Quebec cut her off.

"I'm not answering that" Quebec swiftly came in cutting off Ontario.

Ontario turned her head to face Quebec in panic while Pentagon turned over giving a calm look. Ontario thought it would be the end of their attempt to make a good impression, Quebec refused to answer a question and she already has bad blood with Black Prince.

Ontario whispered to Quebec in a panic trying to save the situation "What are you doi-?"

Just before Ontario could finish once again, Pentagon cut her off "Oh? May I know why?" Asking in a calm tone, Quebec sent a sharp glare cause she saw right through her, she was toying with Quebec when she asked.

"Because I'm not gonna get used by a manipulative two-faced bi-" Quebec hissed leaning in but before she could finish, Ontario placed her hand on Quebec's mouth.