Chapter 3: A Decision to Never Forget

"An American citizen who died that England might live."

- Cemetery Plaque of Billy Fiskle, he came to fight for Britain. He came and he fought and he died.

(The quote isn't a spelling error, English grammar back then)

---------------------------------------------------------

HMNB Devonport, Plymouth, Royal United Kingdoms
April 26th, 1942
0600 hours

Third Person POV

An alarm clock rang out in the Captain's room and other rooms across the ship's dormitory, as Pentagon turned off the alarm clock in the Captain's room, she grumbled getting up. Her hair was a mess and it didn't help that other alarm clocks are going off but she couldn't hear them right now. She pushed the bed sheet off of her as she sat up stretching her arms and legs followed by her neck before placing on a new pair of socks. Getting up, she looked at her surroundings, the desk had a lot of paperwork on it but it wasn't that messy, everything else looked neat and organized before walking over to the closet. "I should've checked the alarm clock first..." Pentagon grumbled as she opened the closet doors. Just then it hit her 'What about the alarm clocks in other rooms...speaking of which, I have kansen powers from what those files said while I was writing it down so maybe I can turn them all off while resetting the alarms.' Pentagon proceeded to use some of her shipgirl powers as she saw a full layout of the ship while seeing every single alarm clock going off and anything else she needed to be done or turned off. Placing on a pair of standard military-grade boots that were to the right of the exit of the room and strapping them on, she grabbed her keycard running out of the room turning off every single alarm clock in the dormitory area and turning off anything else she found useless for her to need.

After a bit, she was finished as she took a deep breath resting against a wall. 'That was a lot but I got them all off...now I need to go change the time of the alarm clock in the Captain's room so I don't wake up so early' she thought while taking a breather before walking back to the Captain's room. Once she reached the room, she changed the alarm clock to start ringing at 7:00 AM. Just then, she remembered something, there was another panel that looked like an alarm clock 'I should check it out' She thought walking out of the room once again and making her way to the lower deck of the bridge.

As she reached the lower bridge, she saw it. A rectangular box that appears to be an alarm clock, had the SCPF symbol and letters on the top but it had another word on it, S.A.L. The robot is made to keep track of 4217 whenever it goes. Her face went from calm to disbelief from seeing this, immediately running over she stared at it for a few seconds before shaking her head. 'No... that's impossible, it's still here?' she thought picking it up and looking at it "Still in good condition" letting out a sigh of relief before placing it back down.

"Let's see...where are you 4217..." Speaking to herself while she checked the panel touching a few buttons before receiving the coordinates. "80°51'46.6"N 136°13'49.9"W" S.A.L's robotic voice spoke out to her as she placed her hand on her chin thinking 'This is where are you are Bismarck...lemme check for a more precise location' Letting on an annoyed smile while these thoughts ran through her head as she walked over to a panel inserting the location. After three seconds, she got a more precise location, 'The Arctic Ocean huh...where are you even planning to go...' Seeing no point in tracking 4217's location anymore, Pentagon got up from her seat as she slid her keycard on the panel, and the door slid open. Taking a step out, the air of oil, smoke, and dust filled her lungs due to the fact the ship was in a warehouse covered in darkness, the only light that shined inside the warehouse was some lights on the roof. Making her way down, she went down to the quarters to change once again, this time into her proper uniform as she looked at the clock, it would soon be 6:15 AM so she decided to go to the cafeteria so she can make herself breakfast.