Chapter 4: Britain's Commonwealth Shocktroopers

"I don't care for the English, Scotch, French, Australians or Belgians but damn you Canadians, you take no prisoners and you kill our wounded,"

- German Colonel taken prisoner in WW1

---------------------------------------------------------

HMC Dockyard Halifax, Nova Scotia, Maple Monarchy
April 30th, 1942
1030 hours

Deep up North, there was a Nation controlled by the Royal United Kingdom's as a Commonwealth nation, when the Crimson Axis laid a surprise attack on the Azur Lane alliance base, they responded to the call of war. They may be overshadowed for their kindness and the fact their navy is mostly Destroyers, Frigates, Minesweepers, Corvettes, and a whole lot more that seem to be more of a minor ship in combat but that's when they're not at war.

At war, they are bloodthirsty monsters, with no remorse, no mercy. They kill the wounded and if they take prisoners, it isn't a nice time. Despite being weak, they make sure they make their enemies get nightmares. Rumors have it that all of their ships including support ships fight like Battlecruisers or Battleships. The Cruisers may have been sent by the Royal Navy but they are Devils in disguise. Some of the Destroyers, Frigates and Corvettes were former Eagle Union but they still pack a punch. As for the Escort Carriers...well let's just say they got a lot of Eagle Union blood in them so they aren't as chaotic in battle. It doesn't help that The Maple Monarchy is the third largest fleet in the world currently with four hundred thirty-four despite being mostly weaker ships, their ruthlessness in battle makes up for it.

Today was a peaceful day though...for now, despite being stuck on mostly every front from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Theater, they fight bravely. For honor? Glory? Fame? Who knows.

When the intercom speaker turned on, it made most of the personnel turn over to listen as a voice spoke out soon after, "All Shipgirls report to the briefing room immediately, mandatory meeting" All of the shipgirls at the base stopped what they were doing as they walked to the briefing room. Despite most of them having no idea about the situation, they had to follow orders. As the final shipgirls sat down, someone spoke up "So...why are we here?" A Destroyer in a dark navy blue sailor's uniform with the Royal Maple Navy symbol on her upper sidearms asked. She had a white sailor's hat with HMCS on the hat, red hair wearing a dark navy blue skirt, and long black stockings.

Though it may have been way too early to break the silence, someone had to do it either way, "Well Haida, if you were a bit more patient, I think Miss Ontario or Miss Quebec would tell us" A female in a grey and red uniform with the Maple Monarchy symbol on her hat replied, she had black sunglasses and a cigarette in her right hand.

In return, Haida stuck out her tongue at her. Before she could retaliate, someone interrupted their small argument. "Settle down Huron and Haida, we'll tell you all why your all here" A blonde-haired girl in a red Royal Navy uniform with a white maple leaf on her right chest, the uniform appeared to be like Prince of Wales but differences were visible, maple leaves and a different Navy symbol while carrying the Royal United Kingdoms symbol.