Cuddles

Carter's POV:
I leaned back watching the movie and trying to calm my nerves. Everyone seemed content watching and I even giggled at the funny parts partly forgetting my previous fears before meeting Scarlett and Rose. We got towards the middle of the movie and Scarlett stood up.

'Alright, what kind of pizza does everyone want?' She asked walking around the couch.

Dad started, 'I'm good with whatever you want. We can split, just no-

'Pineapple, I know. I'll just get us a half supreme half pepperoni like usual.' Scarlett, cut him off. It was kind of nice knowing she knows smaller details about him. It means she cares, right?

'That sounds perfect, babe.' Dad said.

'Ok, now how about you girls? Rosebud, what are you feeling like today?' She turned her attention to her daughter. I was trying to stay focused on the movie but it was hard not looking over to see their interaction especially seeing the way she looks at Rose.

'Um, I want pepperoni today.' She decided.

'Is that all?' Scarlett asked.

'Sausage too please.' Rose added.

'Of course, honey.' Scarlett smiled before turning to me, 'And what would you like, sweet girl?'

I had to look at her. I mean I knew what I wanted. I always get the same thing but I was scared to talk for some reason. She was just smiling at me patiently.

'Uhh...' I started but paused. She nodded me on encouraging me to answer her.

'Cheese please?' I asked.

She smiled and nodded, 'you don't like toppings?'

'Nope, this one's a little picky. Cheese pizza and chicken tenders are her thing.' Dad smiled.

She laughed and looked at me, 'I'll keep that in mind for later.'

She winked at me and smiled before walking off to order. I guess the distraction from the movie was kind of helpful because I suddenly realized the urge from my bladder.

'Dad.' I whispered loudly. He simply hummed in response.

'Potty?!' I said quietly with some urgency.

'Oh, honey it's just down that hall, and across from the kitchen. The door should be open.' He directed me and I nodded before hopping off the couch and walking to the bathroom. It took a second as I reached the hall. I could see Scarlett getting ready to order the food in the kitchen when I found the bathroom.

I went in and did my business before washing my hands. I was grateful to see a step stool placed by the sink so I could reach. I'm not the smallest kid in the world but that doesn't mean I'm very big. Uncle Casey always found it funny I was small since dad is pretty tall. I guess I got that from my mother, but I don't like to think about her.

As I washed my hands, I realized that the stool must be for me because Rise was definitely tall enough to wash her hands without it. I ignored my thoughts and finished up before walking out of the bathroom. Scarlett was talking to the pizza place on the phone so I just walked down the hall back to the living room.

What I wasn't expecting to see was Rose sitting with dad. She was in his lap and they were laughing at something from the movie. I didn't understand why but it kinda  made me sad. I mean I'm not jealous that she's snuggling with dad because as far as I've been told I'm not a daddy's girl which is funny because he's the only parent I have. I'm more upset that they get along so well and Rose seems happy but I'm still scared.

I shake my head from my thoughts and sit in the spot Rose was sitting away from them. It kind of hurts that they didn't notice me and continued giggling at the scene. I tried to watch the movie but I couldn't find myself paying that much attention to it even if I was looking at the screen. I knew I was glancing at them every once in a while. I just hoped they couldn't see that I was sad.