He promised

Scarlett's POV:
I'm sure most people would think I look crazy right now, a big smile plastered on my face as I stared at my phone with full admiration. Though, I don't think I'd care. I wasn't staring at my phone, but rather watching my baby, my Carter as she unapologetically babbled on about how excited she was. I loved seeing her like this. So carefree. So childlike. So her.

This time was different from our previous afternoon chats though, it's like she didn't seem to care how much she was talking, she just kept going. Telling me all about her day at daycare, her MiMi telling me of her surprise, what they would be doing, what she would wear, everything. I loved her excitement. But I also feared the outcome if it wasn't lived up to like she expected.

Brushing that aside, I watched as Carter ran up the stairs with the phone in her hand. She sat me down on her dresser as she began pulling out all her dresses to show me. Her MiMi coming into the room quickly after in an attempt at avoiding a huge mess.

She showed me dress after dress at the speed of light, asking for my help at picking her fanciest one.

'Slow down, my love.' I said slowly, stopping her from rushing to grab another dress, 'Let's just take a deep breath and relax for a moment.'

'But Scarly,' she whined, 'I have to get ready. Daddy said to be fancy when he picks me up.'

'I know, baby. I'm so happy you're excited, but you need to calm down a little before you drive MiMi insane.' I told her.

She looked at her MiMi, her face cringing a little as she noticed how overwhelmed she looked.

'Oops, sorry MiMi.' She looked down.

'It's ok, darling. You're excited. I get it. But maybe let's slow down. We've got time.' Her MiMi responded.

'Yes, baby, you've got plenty of time. Why don't we pick your dress and then you can go take a shower and call me back while MiMi does your hair?' I suggested. She slowly nodded, going back to the dresses she had already pulled out. She held them up to show me, slowly this time.

'Well, which ones your favorite?' I asked.

She pouted, 'I don't know.'

'Then why don't you take out a few of the ones you like most?' I tried.

She slowly nodded picking out five dresses from the pile. Wow. I really didn't realize how many dresses she had gotten from Rose, ones that Rose never wore.

She held them up waiting for me to get a good look at each of them. She would turn to MiMi each time too to make sure we both could study it before deciding.

'Which one stands out to you now?', MiMi asked.

She threw her hands down, exasperated, 'I don't know.'

I watched as she pouted, crossing her arms as she started to get worked up. These were the few moments where I really struggled not being able to physically comfort her as she got stressed out.

'Breathe, Lovie.' I told her, 'Let's take a deep breath and think about this.'

She sighed, taking a breath with me as she wiped the tears forming in her eyes away quickly. She stepped closer to the camera so she could see me better.

'Are you tired, babe? Because you have time to take a quick nap before you shower if you need to?' I asked.

She whined, 'No, I'm not tired.'

I furrowed my eyebrows at her behavior, 'You sure, baby?'

She huffed, 'Yes. I'm not tired.'

I sighed, 'Ok, then let's figure this out.'